(HELP) Auto tranny issue

GBA

Reaction score
exactly what i told him, but it seems like he's using the f23 flexplate and a f23 trans too, but idk what the problem might be. Maybe the torque converter isnt all the way into the pump shaft?? and I have no clue why you are using an f22.. f23's can be had for cheap man.:poke:

i had an F22 laying around (instead of stockpiling motors i used it) hmm maybe i might take that heavy SOB tranny off again and try to wiggle it some more, I noticed when i had the tranny off the there was a certain spot that the TC fell completely in the tranny housing but fuk withthe weight of that thing it hard to wiggle it all the way up. I usually just get the dowel pins close enought to the block like a 1/2" or less away then i bolt her up starting from the outsides in.

I will look into getting a F22 flex plate as well since it wont hurt to try it.

BTW does anyone know where to download a PDF my site dont allow it no more,
http://manualnguide.com/guide-tags/honda/page/2/

ONCE again THX for all ur help appreciate It

Last edited:

eg95coupe

Reaction score
hey u are in luck.. i just did onle last week and had the same problem.. what you have to do is take the torque converter off the drive plate(fly wheel) and install it on the tranny shaft first.. onces the torque converter clicks into place on those splines from the tranny you can install in on the motor.. and then you will have to spin the crank to align the converter with the drive plate to install the 8 bolts that attch them together.. you will find it very simple and quick. good luck.!:peace:

GBA

Reaction score
hey u are in luck.. i just did onle last week and had the same problem.. what you have to do is take the torque converter off the drive plate(fly wheel) and install it on the tranny shaft first.. onces the torque converter clicks into place on those splines from the tranny you can install in on the motor.. and then you will have to spin the crank to align the converter with the drive plate to install the 8 bolts that attch them together.. you will find it very simple and quick. good luck.!:peace:

Fuk i thought of that but damn that tranny is so gaddamn heavy but kudo's to u :thumbup:
Will try it later this afternoon.
I kno i said it before but thank u all for ur help

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Fuk i thought of that but damn that tranny is so gaddamn heavy but kudo's to u :thumbup:
Will try it later this afternoon.
I kno i said it before but thank u all for ur help

all this time i thought you took the TC and the tranny uot in one assembly.. wtf.. that was your problem all along. wow... haha newb!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I'm not a newb I an OG accord owner (4th gen FTW) and the problem isnt about rewiring the tranny,(since im re using the F23) its why it wont move attached to the F22 (4th gen heart).

PS>Next rime try helping first before flaming, it prevents off-topic discussion. my thread
"I'm not a newb" :lawl:

Last edited:

GBA

Reaction score
all this time i thought you took the TC and the tranny uot in one assembly.. wtf.. that was your problem all along. wow... haha newb!
:wtf1:

read i tried fighting with it but i bolted the TC on the motor first then the n tranny, WTF u think i jsut asked alot of question without putting an effort.... u all = newb for not reading the first few post correctly. lol

GBA

Reaction score
Thx for ur help it a 98 4 cyl (4xx xxx Km) obviously auto now i tried it without the tranny on, I place the TC on the tranny spindle and I believe the spindle spun but i don't recall the gears that move the Drive shafts moving.

I got alot of fluid to spill on my garage floor thou:madrun:this was after i spun it with the TC on the tranny (not mounted to motor).

You say u think the tranny and motor are not mates cus this be why?

FYI: the F22 is in good condition so its not the motor

BTW: i pushed the car in N before when i had to move it around so I know it wasnt seized then.
Hmmm:nutswinger::squintfinger:

Back