Bax's 1999 5mt CG5

kn0x47

Reaction score
Re: »Updated 4-2-12» TheBax's FBP 1999 Sedan 5MT

Dude short shifter is tall. Just drop it down to the lowest setting. I'm able to leave my arm resting on the ebrake while shifting from 1st thru 4th. You can easily trim that boot

Bax

Reaction score

Dont see too much grey leather. Especially in the 0102s. Most of the time its 98-00.

Car looks good man. Definitely coming together nicely.
Thank you :boink:
I think b!l@l had door panels from a grey leather sedan, not sure, but you may want to send him a pm.
Okay, I'll look into that. Thanks! I didn't mind cloth in my old tan interior, but I hate this grey cloth.
That’s one of the problems with getting interior pieces from junkyards, sometimes the car has no doors, or someone leaves them open after taking something else and everything inside gets exposed to the elements.

They should have a sign up asking people to close doors when they’re done, etc for the courtesy of others.
That was exactly the case here. There was mud slung up onto the door panels too where all doors had been left slightly open. I mean, it could be cleaned if there weren't scratches, but it's not hard to just close the door.
Dude short shifter is tall. Just drop it down to the lowest setting. I'm able to leave my arm resting on the ebrake while shifting from 1st thru 4th. You can easily trim that boot

I will soon, lol. I was just ready to get done last night because the mosquitoes were getting kinda bad outside.
Do I need to use loctite when I adjust it? Or if not "need", is it recommended?

kn0x47

Reaction score

Yeah I'd recommend it. I think I remember mine coming loose at one point

Bax

Reaction score
Re: »Updated 4-9-12» TheBax's FBP 1999 Sedan 5MT

I guess this qualifies as an update.
new shift boot, lowered the short shifter all the way (this knob sits higher than most knobs, so it looks a little high), and painted the center console area to get rid of the faded look and the disgusting sticky texture that plagued my last 6ga as well.
IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
Re: »Updated 4-13-12» TheBax's FBP 1999 Sedan 5MT

Your car is coming along great! I wish mine was a stick :sad:

killahsi2003

Reaction score
Re: »Updated 4-13-12» TheBax's FBP 1999 Sedan 5MT

Nice car bro....Im in the market for a Double din how would you rate the Jensen unit you have?

Back