Short Shifter for H22 swapped accord?

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
I searched here on the forum for everyone with an H22 and it looks like most of you guys are using the FIDINAZA Short Shifter Adapter and either leaving the stock height or cutting the shift rod. Kinda dont want to do any cutting so I started looking into kits. I found the pspec and the jtc customs kits, but i havent found anyone who's actually used them in the accord with the h22. also which one would i get? does it not fit properly if i got the prelude one or would the accord one not work since its a tranny swapped from the prelude? little confused there. Any info would help, thanks. BTW i went AT to MT so all that stuff was swapped over from a prelude.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
why would it matter what engine/tranny you have when it comes to short shifter?

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
why would it matter what engine/tranny you have when it comes to short shifter?

Well cause they make two different kits, one for the prelude and one for the accord so I assumed something is different because theyre two different engine/tranny's. I know the prelude has a lot longer throws than our accords so I'm also assuming I need to purchase a kit for the prelude because the tranny is that of a preludes, but then again I really dont know if the prelude kit would fit correctly because its an accord. Get why I'm confused? lol

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i have held both kits in my hand, they are the same

case in point, my first shifter box is a 98 h22 prelude with a 95 accord shifter cables onto a 96 h23 prelude tranny

the shifter box is the same for prelude and accord

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I swapped my original shifter with the euro r shifter that came with my motor set. Get one if you can find one, shorter throw, shorter height.

lwlba

Reaction score
i have a pspec for my h22. and i love it. you should consider it.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
thanks, most likely im going pspec, cant find any euro r's
just out of curiosity, which kit did you get? the one for the accord or the one for the prelude?

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
since they are the same, you COULD get either one

but to help sell the accord name, get the accord one

Back