Bad news....

Sonnick

Reaction score
I have to return my rims :sad:

I went to get my inspection yesterday at the Honda Dealership where my friend works, and in the midst of the inspection, found all sorts of problems. My wheel bearings are shot, and needed new tie rods. That was only so my car was safe to drive, and get my inspection and get out of there. What's left, you might ask?

- Axles (leaking tranny fluid thru axle seals)
- Ball joints (done)
- Timing belt (20k over)
- Motor mounts (cracked, probably getting Polyurethane)
- Valve adjustment (good for motor, should wake her up a 'lil bit)

I'm getting it all done on the side by a technician at Honda, (my friends' friend), so it is all costing me about a grand..which is much better than at the dealer, but :(

This is all just maintenance that the guy I bought it from never did. I mean, I'm sure I had a little to do with it, but at the same time, I'm pretty upset because the guy I bought it from was a real douche bag. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Priorities first.

naoandlata

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Who knows the car might even run faster after you fix everything up :)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
that sucks...at least the car will run better and be more reliable in the end. basic/preventative maintenance should be done before too late though (and its cheaper to do piece by piece). be thankful you didnt break a timing belt :skurred:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
damn that suxx.... i feel u tho... the guy i bought my accord from never did all the **** he said, n now im stuck replacin n findin more sh!t that needs work on.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I got mine and a woman owned it. I found all the maintenance paperwork for it in the glovebox. Its great buying a car from a chick.

Crono139

Reaction score
Aww damn, man.

I've been wanting to get some mods done this summer, but it's been all repairs, too.

Driver side front wheel bearing went, so I had both of the fronts replaced.

The the car was having trouble starting (check my recent thread), so I replaced the starter. That wasn't the problem, so it's either the distributor, or main relay now. The thing is that the car has been fine for the last two weeks, so it's out of my head until it happens again.

Just the other day, I found a slight tear in the sidewall of my passenger side rear tire. Going to have to get two new tires at the end of summer.

Then I have roughly a $1k body repair job to pay for that will take place in August. Getting my roof, and quarter panel repainted.

Last edited:
Back