Clunking in front driver and passenger side over smaller bumps

stanleybb50

Reaction score
The title pretty much sums it up -- got clunking over small bumps and if the road's not the greatest, its like every bump makes the noise -- not super loud, but embarassing if someones in the car... everything looks good when I check out all the bushings and crap...

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Yeah CV boots are fine-- definitely wouldn't be the CV boots -- plus theres no clicking noise in slow tight turns...

f23accord2000

Reaction score
also the bumping when going over bump i bet its the endlink mine and 2 other did the same thing everytime i went over a bump it would make a loud clunking noise turned out to be the frotn endlinks along with my moms car we both have 2000 accord they both did the same thing so i changed hers and it was good as new.so im 110 % sure it going to be endlinks to the sway bar

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Are these "endlinks" like 2 or 3 inces long and have like a nut on each end? And the sway bar runs from the driver to the passenger side - correct? If this is it, thats easy as hell to change -- just a matter of breaking the bond on 4 old bolts... which could be a bitch..

I agree that it does sound like these things could be what i'm looking for.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Guess I'm just gonna buy two new sway bar end kits from Advanceautoparts.com and pick em up tomorrow --

Wonder if i could just change the bushings inside of them though and save about 35 dollars...

f23accord2000

Reaction score
yup thats them no you have to chage the while unit you will need a wrench and a allen tool set to put in the middle so you can turn the nutuse lots of degreaser they are very rusty the when installing use anti siez on all bolts and threads

TeeJ

Reaction score
When I had that problem, the stealership said it was my ball joints and endlinks.....I think it was about 1500$ for the fix...They couldn't diagnose it without a road test....Good luck

Accordingly

Reaction score
I just had this same issue with my car just a few days ago. I got my car back from the shop (new tranny) and it would make that clunking noise over small bumps. The shop said my shocks were bad so I used it as an excuse for lowering springs/new shocks. When I installed them I also tightened everything up, esp. the endlinks which seemed loose. My bet is it was only the endlinks being loose, but the clunk is gone! and now im dropped! wooo

Back