DIY Debadge

wg2k7

Reaction score
Ok, heres a simple Debadge DIY.
Time: It took me about 30 min, including claybarring the back of my car.
Materials: Hairdryer, fishing line or dental floss, goo-gone, old rag, clay bar kit (clay bar and detailling spray)

Step 1: Heat up emblem for appox. 1 min, or until you can lightly jiggle the emblem (with rag because itll be hot)

Step 2: Once you get the emblem hot enough, you need to slowly pull the string or line behind the emblem, and just to be safe i pulled towards me lightly.
img023416sm.jpg

Step 3: Once you get the emblem off spray some goo-gone on the glue, and try to keep it on the glue as much as possible, googone prolly isnt good for paint. then rub with old rag, do not use finger nail unless you wanna scratch your paint, put rag over fingernail and scratch through the rag (worked best for me). Also, any that you can just peel off will make it easier.
img023519yt.jpg

img023618sz.jpg

Step 4: Repeat 1,2,3 for any other emblems.
img023715pi.jpg

Step 4: Rinse and dry car. Then follow directions on claybar kit. Mother's said to use the polish to wet area, then claybar, then dry. And then you're done!

Before:
img023017hv.jpg

After:
img024118sh.jpg

Before:
img023117oa.jpg

After:
img024013md.jpg

Before:
img023217dq.jpg

After:
img023916je.jpg

Before:
img023315ci.jpg

After:
img023715pi.jpg

last pic was prior to clay bar.

I love how much cleaner it looks, and as you can see in some pics there is a ghostly "accord" that my friends have said will go away within a week or so, once the sun dims it just a little bit.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
goo-gone is fine for paint. looks good. i remember when i shaved my sedan, and the LX emblem left a little embeded thing in the paint on the bumper, haha, so when i had the guy fix my scrape mark, i had him fix that too. it does look nice tho, good job. now just chave the center tail light and youll be good, haha.

wg2k7

Reaction score
ive always wanted to do that, or just get the black plastic cover and paint it emerald pearl.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i remember ryon527 had bought another center tail light off ebay and painted it DEP himself, but he didnt like how it looked, with the lines up top and such. i guess a cheep way of "shaving" the trunk would be to do what ryan did, but have the tail light molded to the trunk and then painted, haha. the good way tho is to do it right and weld a piece of metal on, bondo, sand, and paint.

Phut

Reaction score
another useful tip is to use the waxed dental floss so it's not too abrasive.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i actually just use a tiny screwdriver to debadge. theres enough glue residue left on the car that the screwdriver rides on that. you have to pull towards you, though, so it doesnt dig into the paint--takes a lot of patience and concentration. i actually did this to my buddys girlfriends 00 2.5 rs today.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i was wondering if could order an Acura TSX and tell them that anywhere on the car that says ACURA or has the Acura logo to put Honda on it or the H logo. and anywhere that has TSX to have Accord Euro-R in it's place. you think they'd do that? of course most car salesmen don't know and would be like "what the ****?"

wg2k7

Reaction score
if they wont do it itd only be like 100 bucks and a few hours of work to do it yourself

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, id doubt that theyd do that, and if they would, i bet youd have to pay out your as5 for it, when its just as easy to DIY.

Back