Reaction score
This is the final product
101_0180.jpg

Materials:
Double sided tape
Time: 5minutes

Unscrew the bottom nuts
101_0181.jpg

Move the license plate to the right so the left side of the license plate is on the right hole. Screw the left side of the license plate.
101_0170.jpg

Screw in the left side of the plate and apply double sided tape on the other.
101_0171.jpg
101_0175.jpg

Your done!
101_0180.jpg

Heres what I made for myself.
101_0182.jpg
101_0183.jpg
101_0184.jpg
101_0187.jpg
101_0191.jpg

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I'd try it but I think the tape would let loose after the first rainy day

also, I have those two notches on my bumper behind the liscence plate yuk

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Yeah that's true ^. Also this is not a versatile relocation. When I saw the thread I thought you meant moving it all the way to the side in a real clean way, or moving it lower and to the side. That's what most people choose to do. Just to offset it like that doesn't really have an effect, according to most people who choose to do this type of mod. Still, it looks pretty good though the way you did it. Just figure out an alternative over tape haha.

Johnson

Reaction score
Yeah that's true ^. Also this is not a versatile relocation. When I saw the thread I thought you meant moving it all the way to the side in a real clean way, or moving it lower and to the side. That's what most people choose to do. Just to offset it like that doesn't really have an effect, according to most people who choose to do this type of mod. Still, it looks pretty good though the way you did it. Just figure out an alternative over tape haha.

The license plate holds nicely without the right tape because theres a support on the bottom. I just figured I could add some double sided tape to secure it. Its outdoor heavy duty tape and it WILL last.

I wanted to make it lower but then theres no place on the top to mount the nuts on the stock one.

The reason I did this was because it costs nothing to do.

Check back later on today i'm going to make a "real" relocator :naughty:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
that's 3M adhesive, I doubt that will come off if it was put on properly. Some lip kits are put on this way.

Johnson

Reaction score
I'll be making some license relocators tommorow. Is anybody interested in buying them 15 picked up or 20 shipped? (These are made out of metal and would have the holes drilled in already. They are not the same as the DIY above. They will go down and left more.) Pictures will be available tommorow when I make them.

Back