HID ballast placement

drifthobo

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering where most of you guys placed your hid ballast haha. I placed mine next to my abs and the other one near my battery... yet i still feel like they shouldn't be there...

edw1nk

Reaction score
i took off my bumper and mounted them on the frame, under the headlights (big ballast)

MoneyPit

Reaction score
i think i haz pizorz somewhere of mine, but i mounted them to the back of the headlight facing the radiator. there's a perfect little spot between the low/highbeam that keeps 'em safe and sound, and it's clean as hell.

finch13

Reaction score
I put mine near the shock towers after an unfortunate water incident. Winter - splash guards + HID ballasts = no headlights.

C_S_L

Reaction score
I put mine near the shock towers after an unfortunate water incident. Winter - splash guards + HID ballasts = no headlights.

You don't have the inner fender liner? I thought ballast are suppose to be "waterproof". I have no liner, Im careful not to run over thick puddles. :lawl:

finch13

Reaction score
You don't have the inner fender liner? I thought ballast are suppose to be "waterproof". I have no liner, Im careful not to run over thick puddles. :lawl:

The only thing the fender liners are good for is keeping sand and ice out of the door hinges... otherwise it's gay and I destroyed them with rubbing.

And the ballast itself is waterproof, the connectors are not. I got water in one and it froze, separated the pins and caused the light to not work.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I thought ballast are suppose to be "waterproof".

Some say they are waterproof but actually aren't, seems pretty common with "no name" ballasts and HID kits to throw out the word "waterproof" but on alot of them if you open them up there is no form of waterproofing at all inside the case

Back