Honda anti-theft radio codes DIY

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
ok well i thought i could answer this problem of the anti-theft radio console.
if you have ever disconnected your battery you have noticed that the anti-theft device in the radio enables. This is to prevent theft, without the code your screwed and its just a bunch of junk.

- remember you only have set number of attempts so be accurate

1)in order to find your code (5-digit) look in your glove box, under your ashtray, under the hood, or even the underside of your trunk (not the hatch actually in and under). with it found simply punch in the code at the first screen.

- if you screw up and the radio won't let you put in the code, either disconnect the negative part of the battery for 1 min or leave the radio on for an hour and it will reset.
2) If you still can't find it, you WILL HAVE TO take out the radio unit entirely and find the serial number on the side of it or on the back. Next call the honda service number (forget the number, but google it) and they can tell you the code if you can give them the VIN number, the exact milage, and the serial number and proof of ownership.[[this way is a hassle, so be ready for suckage]]

--Do not take your car to the dealer, they will charge you to take out the radio for the serial number but the actual retrieving of the code is free. And NO they won't give it to you just like that they will need all your info and all the info listed in (2).

--EACH CODE IS UNIQUE TO EACH CAR THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL CODE

--this can be avoided if you still have your anti-theft owners card thing, its credit card size and was issued with your initial purchase inside the owners manual, i believe. but most of us don't have it, or at least i didn't

hopefully this helped, good luck fellow noobs:rofl:

Kyleelder

Reaction score
The lady at the dealership just looked in my glovebox, typed that number in the computer and wrote down my code for me. I've called the 800 number before and got the code with just my VIN.

smerf

Reaction score
Well the serial code was in my glove box and I told the lady that there is a number in my glovebox but she said I need to take my radio out and get the serial number. After 1 and a half hour and on a 100 degree day I find that the serial number on my radio is the same as the one in my glove box. FML

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i forgot how the procedure goes, but i know theres a way to get the serial number to display on the lcd on the radio. its either the serial number or its some other number, but either way, they can get the radio code with that number, haha. its just too bad i forgot how to do it.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
i think you have to press buttons 1 and 6 while the radio is off, but i heard that was only on certain years

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Another not too difficult fix is yank the OEM radio out and put in an aftermarket deck. :thumbup:

Mikey

Reaction score
For 01 and newer, you turn the key to ON, turn on the radio to see that it says
Code:
, then turn it off.

Holding buttons 1 and 6, turn it on and it will display two sets of digits:

U ####
L ####

The eight numbers whatever code, but they're not the radio code.  I dont know what it is or how that helps because mine contained a number higher than 6 and i dont know how to input the code to begin with.  Plus i dont have the card and there arent any stickers, ANYWHERE. So im gonna have to pull a few strings at Honda and get my code the hard way.

:bash:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The dealer has always helped me out. Just make it clear you don't plan to pay them right off the bat. For whatever reason, they always do it when I tell them that I absolutely refuse to pay.

Back