Remove my Alarm...where is it ?

PurpleAccord88

Reaction score
hey guys,

i want to remove my oem alarm module on my accord because i think its messed up...it randomly goes off in the middle of the night.

i just wanna disconnect the whole system and use old fashion keyed locked. :thumbsup:

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score
:buttkick:

play it safe, not sorry. i would rather put up with that alarm instead of one day your car gets stolen and you never heard anything.. or invest in a aftermarket alarm like Viper, Clifford, compustar etc..

nyknick1015

Reaction score
maybe u should turn down the sensitivity on it before u go disconnecting things... most stock alarms have the option to do it i believe. When the wind used to blow a bit hard on my car, it always made my alarm go off. I turned it down a bit and i was fine

finch13

Reaction score
All good advice^

Your alarm should be mounted on the dash panel right under the steering column. Follow the wire harness down to the driver's side fuse block. The alarm harness should plug right into the backside of the fuse block, then other harnesses should plug into the alarm harness plugs. Unplug the alarm harness then plug in the other harness directly to the fuse block.

Something like this:

[FUSE BLOCK]<-{ALARM CONNECTOR}<-{REGULAR CONNECTOR}

to

[FUSE BLOCK]<-{REGULAR CONNECTOR}

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Personally, I would just deal with it or get an aftermarket alarm that bypasses the stock alarm.
Remember, no alarm also means no immobilizer. This means your car can be hot wired

silverbullet99

Reaction score
I didn't think there was an "alarm module", I thought it was part of the MICU. We had this 7thgen accord in the shop about 2 months ago for the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. The check engine light was on and all the codes led back to the MICU, so we went to take a look at it......

to make a long story short, the windshield in this 7thgen had been replaced fairly recently, whoever installed it did a half azzed job and didn't seal the glass completely. water had been leaking down the pillar, and dripping onto the MICU. the carpet was soaked too, i dono how this guy didnt notice it before. so it ended up needing a new MICU and all the wiring harnesses connecting to it because there was a ton of corrosion on the pins and shyt. man this guy was pissssssed. the windshield shop had to pay for it tho.

finch13

Reaction score
Personally, I would just deal with it or get an aftermarket alarm that bypasses the stock alarm.
Remember, no alarm also means no immobilizer. This means your car can be hot wired

No, the immobilizer is part of the ignition system and ties in directly to the PCM. My car didn't have a factory alarm, still has the immobilizer.

I didn't think there was an "alarm module", I thought it was part of the MICU. We had this 7thgen accord in the shop about 2 months ago for the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. The check engine light was on and all the codes led back to the MICU, so we went to take a look at it......

to make a long story short, the windshield in this 7thgen had been replaced fairly recently, whoever installed it did a half azzed job and didn't seal the glass completely. water had been leaking down the pillar, and dripping onto the MICU. the carpet was soaked too, i dono how this guy didnt notice it before. so it ended up needing a new MICU and all the wiring harnesses connecting to it because there was a ton of corrosion on the pins and shyt. man this guy was pissssssed. the windshield shop had to pay for it tho.

Yes, there is an alarm module. Check in your accessory install procedures at Honda.

http://handa-accessories.com/accord/accordsecurity.pdf

Robocody

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem.

Your factory alarm module should be under the middle of your dashboard, below where your head unit is.

You know that little pocket that goes back into the dash a ways in front of your shifter? The top of that just pops off with some force, and there should be a black box with two wiring harnesses and an audio out to your Alarm horn. Just unplug everything, and put a jumper wire between the 2 orange and white wires that are in the seperate harness. If you don't put the jumper in, your car won't start.

Back