auto transmission slippin ****

EscoStylez

Reaction score
Ok so the pass two days my transmission is given me a small jerk when i put it from(R) to (D) it jerks a lil bit. Today i was driving and when my car hit 3000 rpm it revs up to 5000 rpm and drops back to normal ..changed my tranny at 98000 car has 180000 now...only happen when i kinda floor it.....hope its a sensor....i need help thanxs.......

jwong512

Reaction score
Get an OBD2 scanner and check. If the pressure switches are messed up, they don't throw off a CEL but are a hidden code that only show up on OBD2 sensors.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
A slight jerk from P to R is common, mine always did that but drove fine. The rev issue is likely an early sign of something failing. Solenoids are a possibility.

001Stunna

Reaction score
OP, did this just start and you never felt something before?..or has it been something that was felt a little before and now grew more.
A small kick from P to R, N to D is fine, as long as its not a delayed kick...such as you shift to R and you feel a jolt 5 seconds later.

I changed both my clutch pressure switch sensors(2nd and 3rd) but their only effect on mine was a small setback/kickback when going into second gear(2nd clutch pressure switch). As mentioned i'd say to scan your car for any CEL's, check your tranny fluid level, drain and refill it if you haven't in the past year and see if things improve.

EscoStylez

Reaction score
OP, did this just start and you never felt something before?..or has it been something that was felt a little before and now grew more.
A small kick from P to R, N to D is fine, as long as its not a delayed kick...such as you shift to R and you feel a jolt 5 seconds later.

I changed both my clutch pressure switch sensors(2nd and 3rd) but their only effect on mine was a small setback/kickback when going into second gear(2nd clutch pressure switch). As mentioned i'd say to scan your car for any CEL's, check your tranny fluid level, drain and refill it if you haven't in the past year and see if things improve.

Its a delayed kick from R to D...it was from one day to another i noticed it now when im driving the rpm is jumpin....

001Stunna

Reaction score
Its a delayed kick from R to D...it was from one day to another i noticed it now when im driving the rpm is jumpin....
Stop skipping over N and take an extra 6 seconds. On mine every since i bought it i always go P-R(wait 2sec)-N(wait 2sec)-D(wait 2sec). Is it necessary or not...who knows but 6seconds i do not mind.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
im sad to find out your car is a auto. always liked it since it looks just like how my coupe use to look... black and on gold 962s. that woulda been a dope photoshoot.

EscoStylez

Reaction score
So I got the codes checked out transmission control solenoid, knock sensor, and coolant temp. Sensor

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Back