H22 swap axles?

Tphong

Reaction score
Alright guys, I've been doing a search on what axles to use for this swap and haven't really come up with anything definite. I know the f23 axles will work, but what about the h22 axles? Been reading and been seeing some mixed reviews about the h22 axles. If I do use the h22 what gen prelude would I need them from?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Just use m/t f23 axles. We know they fit without any problems. Why bother with trying h22 axles?

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I did the swap and used the Accord half shaft and axles from the f23 They use two male end Shafts, i see no reason not to use them unless you need new ones, not sure if the H axles are stronger units? The h22 axles have one male end and one female end driveshaft, and you would use the 5th gen prelude axles and half shaft, i'm 99% sure that's 100% correct. I just used what i had... lol

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
If it's strength people are worried about I assure you the F series axles with withstand the same amount of beating as H series axles. I mean stock for stock you'll never see a difference. Mine are holding on just fine and I have the most aggressive (stock) h22 ever Honda produced. Also just to throw it out there a stock 4th and 5th gen h22 has roughly the same torque as a f23.

Last edited:

Tphong

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to mention that I only have the h22 intermediate shaft. Can't find a manual f23 one. So the only option I got is the h22 ones.

Tphong

Reaction score
I have my stock axles that were for my automatic. Did a manual swap while doing an h22 swap.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
In my personal experience, it won't work. I had an h22 intermediate shaft and axle, and the axle was pulled right out of the intermediate shaft WHILE I WAS DRIVING because the axle was too short. I believe the wheel base of a prelude is slightly smaller than that of our accords. After the first one was yanked out, I bought a brand new one from auto zone and same exact thing happened. I've since moved onto an f23 IM shaft and half shaft and everything has been great. So .. Yeah. Get an H axle at your own risk.

Tphong

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I've read from my search, but then why do ppl still suggest that it's okay to use them? I'd rather go with f23 intermediate shaft, but I can't find one.

Back