keyless control main unit

Jimsun

Reaction score
I was just resetting my SRS Light when i found this attached to the cover of the thing under the steering wheel

So this keyless control main unit mean that the car came with remote keyless entry or i have to go to ONLY honda to get a key and it programmed.

img1446kf.jpg

edit: I found out they are called key fobs

Now my next question is that can i get ANY honda 4 button key fob from kijiji/craigslist/ebay and program it with my car?
ie.
0233f85_20.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I don't think you can get ANY .. but why not stick with the accord one ? You can get them relatively cheap ..

Jimsun

Reaction score
Isnt the above image the key fob for the accord?
What I meant by any honda accord 4 button is any 4 button that looks exactly like the example image. 4 buttons with the same layout

1.If this isnt thr key fob for accord then how does it look like?
2.How can i prove that the key fob is from an accord when buy used aside from the seller stating it works for accord (if it is)?
3.Also i noticed that Acura EL share the same layout. The only difference is that it says ACURA instead of HONDA. Will that work or no?

Jimsun

Reaction score
I was googling around and found out that my keyless control unit wasn't from an accord

I got 1 hit that says it's from an acura

Here's an image of it
A269ZUA104

img1456lj.jpg

Jimsun

Reaction score
anyone know?
I called honda and said they can't access (give out) the information. I have to go there and get a fob

LeAccord

Reaction score
Yes that is our key fob. Not sure if ANY key fob will work though..
If you have a key fob that isn't programmed with your car, you can program it yourself without paying a ridiculous amount for honda to program it themselves.. i asked and they said $120... stupid. So i googled it :) I followed these steps and got both of my keys programmed to work with my car.

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps.
. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch OFF .
. Within 1 to 4 sec. , turn the ignition switch ON (II).
. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

. Within 15 sec. , aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

. Turn the ignition switch OFF , and pull out the key.
. Confirm proper operation with the new codes(s).

Jimsun

Reaction score
Are you sure? Because i noticed that some key fobs work only to corresponding fcc id. Ie. key fob with fcc id"123" will only work with control unit fcc id "123". Thus any other key fobs that doesn't have the same fcc id won't work

Is this true?

Yes that is our key fob. Not sure if ANY key fob will work though..
If you have a key fob that isn't programmed with your car, you can program it yourself without paying a ridiculous amount for honda to program it themselves.. i asked and they said $120... stupid. So i googled it :) I followed these steps and got both of my keys programmed to work with my car.

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps.
. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec. , push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

. Within 15 sec. , aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

. Turn the ignition switch OFF , and pull out the key.
. Confirm proper operation with the new codes(s).

LeAccord

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure about that.. I just had a spare key fob that hadn't been used for years and the batteries died, thus probably wiping its original programming with the car.. Where is this FCC ID located on the key fob and control unit?

And what is FCC ..?

:hide:

Back