Tein street advance coilover question

startswitha

Reaction score
Just bought a set and went to install them but with the perches all the way down, there's no compression on the spring when the car is lifted..did I install them incorrectly? Once the perches are up about an inch, it starts to compress.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
you most likely adjusted the preload collar, instead of the height adjustment collar.

truWarier02

Reaction score
There isn't a separate pre-load adjustment on these Teins. So on these coilovers, any adjustment of the height will affect ride quality. In this case, the more you lower them, the less suspension travel you'll have.

startswitha

Reaction score
There isn't a separate pre-load adjustment on these Teins. So on these coilovers, any adjustment of the height will affect ride quality. In this case, the more you lower them, the less suspension travel you'll have.

I can move the springs around when the perches are all the way down, I just find it really odd. Are they not meant to be all the way down?

Varnell

Reaction score
I had the same question when I recently installed my Tein Street Basis coilovers. They only have two rings to adjust, thus no preload.

Back