Egi7's H22 swap thread !!!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
hmm... lol damn man hopefully things smooth out soon.

look on the bright side - once you finally get through all this you'll be glad when you can finally open it up

Egi7

Reaction score
Well i found a f20b sir-t ecu and ordered it from Tiger Japanese, with the help of Dreman. Its obd2b from a six gen accord. My obd1 injector resistor box isnt hooked up right, so its just dumping fuel without regulation, which is why i think my cylinders are misfiring, i cant even cut the car off with the resistor box pluged in. Either I will re-install what the mechanic ****ed up, or put in my f23 obd2b injectors so i dont fry the brand new f20b ecu i bought..lol. I dont know why iam getting the vtec malfunction code, maybe you guys could shed some light on it. If the vtec selinoid is bad, then ofcourse ive got the one from the f23 block i can use. By the way, i looked up the specs on the auto obd2b f20b ecu, and its redline is at 7800, which is 600 more rpm than the the auto h22 ecu. I hope it turns out well

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Good luck with it bro I'm glad tiger had the ecu for you they rock.

Acclude315

Reaction score
i have a h22 from an 97-01 prelude (OBD2) and plan on converting to OBD1 using a p72 ecu...do u think i'll run into the same tranny issues even if i'm using an h22 tranny (manual).....?

01accorddx

Reaction score
You should get new fuel injectors 310cc, remove the resistor box..will run a lot better.

Egi7

Reaction score
I bought a new tranny, obd1 jdm h22 auto lsd. Thats what my ecu tcu problem was, the obd2 auto tranny i was using has more shift selinods than the obd1 auto, so a obd1 tcu cant control a obd2 auto tranny. When i plug in my obd1 ecu the motor runs perfect, just that the tranny doesnt shift right at all. Tranny should be here this week, then I can run my obd1 setup. Then she'll be good to go. Also, I finally wired my resistor box up correctly, my mechanic had the wiring screwed up.

Egi7

Reaction score
lol.............no not really. First you have to find all the parts that are needed to swap to manual, plus the actual tranny, you will end up spending around 1100. Ive spent enough on getting the motor in and running as it is already ( $3000), so I will run auto LSD for now, and swap to stick later. Car has been out of commission long enough, and iam ready to have some fun with it.

Back