Egi7's H22 swap thread !!!

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Mike, good to see everything is well with the H22 swap! Have fun with it, maybe me, you, Roy and Bryan can race one day when our cars are done too.

Egi7

Reaction score
Im glad to see that you figured everything out. That engine adds a lot to the fun factor of these cars.

Is that an ebay header? If so, how was the fitment?

Drift, glad to see you make it over to 6thgen, yea its a ebay adjustable CIA intake. I short rammed it because of what happend to my last motor during rain season...lol. It fits perfect, just like any other intake. I took the heat wrap off of it since the pics, it looks better without it. Hows your motor holding up?

-Mike

Drift

Reaction score
Drift, glad to see you make it over to 6thgen, yea its a ebay adjustable CIA intake. I short rammed it because of what happend to my last motor during rain season...lol. It fits perfect, just like any other intake. I took the heat wrap off of it since the pics, it looks better without it. Hows your motor holding up?

-Mike

My motor is sweet. She runs great still. I just put it back on our dyno and had my buddy clean up the tune a bit for me. We were able to make the same power on our Dyno Dynamics as we did on the Dynojet. The DD dyno reads about 30-35% lower than the Dynojet. We were able to squeeze out an additional 7whp and 8ft/lbs more with just one more degree of timing. He also leaned it out just a touch for a little better mileage. The final numbers were 165whp and 145ft/lbs and I currently get about 26mpg highway and 24mpg city.

Anyway, I wasnt askign about the intake, I was asking about the header. Im still running the stock header, and I can see where power drops off on the graph due to exhaust flow.

Egi7

Reaction score
My motor is sweet. She runs great still. I just put it back on our dyno and had my buddy clean up the tune a bit for me. We were able to make the same power on our Dyno Dynamics as we did on the Dynojet. The DD dyno reads about 30-35% lower than the Dynojet. We were able to squeeze out an additional 7whp and 8ft/lbs more with just one more degree of timing. He also leaned it out just a touch for a little better mileage. The final numbers were 165whp and 145ft/lbs and I currently get about 26mpg highway and 24mpg city.

Anyway, I wasnt askign about the intake, I was asking about the header. Im still running the stock header, and I can see where power drops off on the graph due to exhaust flow.

My bad man, lol. Yea its a ebay header, to me it works just as good as a common DC header. I get pretty good midrange and my top end is nice I can hear it get deeper in sound. Feels like iam getting good power till 7700. As you can see, they turn that gold color as soon as exhaust hits it, it was orignially stainless. But, all in all, I think its better than stock and not bad for what you pay for em. Just use OEM gaskets, they work better.

HandoEX

Reaction score
I'm glad to see this swap worked out for you! Are you planning on running it at a 1/4 mile track anytime soon?

grampage

Reaction score
I gotta question what engine mount did u use on the driverside?

Back