00 Accord EX keyless remote

Lee49645

Reaction score
well basically the case on my remote broke apart.
the chip and buttons all work fine so i was wondering if anyone happens to have only the case or maybe a broken remote they want to sell me for cheap?

thanks!

AccordUser

Reaction score
This happpend to me, and honda would not sell me the remote shell, so i turned to ebay. the link at the bottom is the one i bought. ITS NOT A OEM SHELL. You will notice "HONDA" is painted on the non OEM remote and ENGRAVED on the OEM remote. This one from ebay is a tad bit smaller than the chip/cpu from the oem remote. I bought it not knowing that. Anyway, long story short, sanded/cut the edges of the chip, and it fits, all buttons work :) although not OEM fit, 11 bucks beats 120 bucks any day of the week. if you go with this option be care when sanding/cutting not cut too much of the chip because there is an clean circuit line that circles all the buttons and etc. Also the ebay shell is WAYY more solid than the oem. this definitely will last a long time. hope this helps, best of luck to you.

Here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEY-KEYLESS...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b70ce4ec

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Or you can buy a new used OEM unit on Ebay, I bought one a few years ago for around $15.

Back