01-02 V6 coupe instrument cluster

Nismode

Reaction score
yeah the faces and needles are not interchangeable

i learned this the hard way after paying a lot of money for red needles that didn't work in my 99 v6 coupe
What makes it not possible? Can you give details?

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Yeah I knew I read that somewhere.

By the way, your DIY on V6P (which should have DEFINITELY been stickied) has been the inspiration for getting my cluster where it is today. I followed your DIY to make my 98-00 needles red, and went all over the city where I live to find clear red tape.

In fact I posted a photo recently of my cluster and someone asked how I did the needles, and I simply referred them to your V6P thread. :)

Very awesome, you are welcome.. can you send me a PM or a message on V6P on your results I wanna see too

yeah i spent so much time, a set of needles and money only to realize that the paint on the needles is special/has diffusion properties that you destroy by removing it or directly painting on it

---------------------------------
the needles are not interchangeable, the 01-02 have the actual metal "needle" attached to the gauge indicator

the 98-00 when you remove the gauge indicator, leave the metal needle part inside the gauge itself

confusing but just know that they are not interchangeable.

Back