01-02 V6 coupe instrument cluster

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What is the mileage you're looking for??

My car has about 123k, so roughly 115k - 130k would be within the acceptable realm.

Dude, it would be near impossible to find one with very close mileage, it would always still be off enough to make a difference in your book. If you need a AV6 cluster regardless of mileage, or if anyone needs one who isn't as picky about mileage.. I have it.

I agree. But I once thought it would be impossible to piece together an OEM lip kit, and it happened. I'm a pretty patient person, and will wait for what I want if I want it that bad. How many miles on yours?

Why don't you just swap the guts of yours into a different one?

Not sure you can, but I like the idea...could be a possibility.

i would think you would be able to switch over the gauge faces..its pretty much just a thin piece of plastic anyways. if the mileage is too far off on the cluster that could end up getting on your carfax report and can hurt your resale

I've read the faces are not interchangeable. I'll have to look that up again.

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Tried www.Car-Part.com ?

Just did a quick search and found a 2002 w/ 125k for $75 and a 2002 w/115k for $85

That was only on one page... didn't look through all 21 pages of search results.. :lawl:

ejreams

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you could do it, you'd just have to make sure you have one to put in for the mean time because you'd want to be patient with it as you'd probably have to take the needles off.

its been a while since I've been into my cluster but you might even be able to just unscrew the board from the cluster entirely without even taking the needles and face off.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
yeah the faces and needles are not interchangeable

i learned this the hard way after paying a lot of money for red needles that didn't work in my 99 v6 coupe

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
yeah the faces and needles are not interchangeable

i learned this the hard way after paying a lot of money for red needles that didn't work in my 99 v6 coupe

Yeah I knew I read that somewhere.

By the way, your DIY on V6P (which should have DEFINITELY been stickied) has been the inspiration for getting my cluster where it is today. I followed your DIY to make my 98-00 needles red, and went all over the city where I live to find clear red tape.

In fact I posted a photo recently of my cluster and someone asked how I did the needles, and I simply referred them to your V6P thread. :)

Back