01 coupe and vibration?

boorishid

Reaction score
Is this car known to have some issues with vibration? I bought this thing used about 2 or 3 years ago from a dealer. And the steering wheel has vibrated since the day i got it, it only had 18k miles on it. Didnt think this was to big of an issue as i was use to driving beaters. Recently it got worse the front motor mount was shot so i replaced it smoothed it out a little. All the other mounts look fine. I know all 4 bangers have a bit of vibration but this is worse than any of my friends 002-03 civics. It does it when im in drive, park and neutral. It vibrates hard on start ups and shut downs. Turning the ac off and the headlights help a little bit but not much, maybe a stronger alternator would help? This is sord of annoying seeing how the accord is more of a luxury car.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ever checked ur alignment or balanced ur wheels? tht's one symptom of a shaky steering wheel... also, the car vibrating in gears means ur motor mounts r shot... if it shakes in R, ur rear mounts r shot

eleven11T

Reaction score
i have 2 problem... when i shift to R it shake once , and then sometime when i do back up i has a crack sound but only once.. which mounts do i need to replace?

boorishid

Reaction score
Well it does it when im in park/n with all accessories off. so i know its not the alignment. As stated above i replaced the front mount and inspected the rest the appear to be fine.

elevent11T you can buy the mounts cheap at autozone like 20-30 bucks, but they dont fit right. The holes are off buy a fraction of an inch, i had to widen them up with a drill press to make match the correct bolt pattern. I'm sure the dealer mounts have no issues there probably a little more though most likely under 50 a piec.

eleven11T

Reaction score
which mount should i replace? Engine mount or the Tranny Mount? should i replace all the mounts? Engine - Front & Rear , Tranny - Front & rear and the upper right mount?

boorishid

Reaction score
inspect them all and see if there even broken. Your problem my jst be u need to change your tranny fluid. A motor mount will cause constant vibration in the wheel at all times, What do you mean a crack sound explain that a little better?

eleven11T

Reaction score
hmm..i just changed my tranny fluid... the crack sounds like when i do a reverse , the sound like " krack" ... something like that ... any idea of the problem?

Back