02 coupe rear bumper swap

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm swapping my rear bumper from the 02 coupe bumper to the 98 coupe rear bumper so that I can mount the oem rear lip properly. Now my question is will the license plate lights from the 02 bumper (both of them) transfer over to the 98 coupe bumper? The reason I'm asking is because I heard the 98 coupe bumper has one bulb. Can someone please let me know.

Thanks

Cpyro

Reaction score
Yea 98-00 has just one bulb, but im sure u will be fine fabricating a way to get both on, there is plenty of room under there.

twofast4u

Reaction score
It wont look good. You'll still see the fake lip line at the border of the bumper.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It wont look good. You'll still see the fake lip line at the border of the bumper.

If it's a replica lip, it's really easy to make it fit. You need to widen the lip about .5in and it will cover up the fake lip line. I did mine in about 2.5 hours. If it's OEM, I wouldn't bother though.

twofast4u

Reaction score
If it's a replica lip, it's really easy to make it fit. You need to widen the lip about .5in and it will cover up the fake lip line. I did mine in about 2.5 hours. If it's OEM, I wouldn't bother though.

Yea it's an OEM lip. So I'm going to get a 98 bumper, and slap it on.

Back