1st gear RUMBLE please help!!!

Negiking

Reaction score
Hay everyone i hope i can get some help here. i just bought a 2000 LX CG 4cyl. Now a week after the purchase I am completely loving the car but a problem just started happening. No matter how slow i release the clutch or how much gas i give 1st gear makes the car rumble heavy!! (Its as if the front is trying to grab traction) I tried from 2nd gear but it DID NOT do the same thing (both tests from a full stop/ car fully warmed up) As the car is in motion it doesnt happen and the car runs as smooth as butter so idk whats going on.

Yes i did look around and the only two things i could think of were a warped flywheel or oil seeping through where the trans housing meets the block. I checked and i see that there might be faulty distributor oil seals.

UPDATE: I just tried a cold start and the problem didnt happen but im starting to hear a subtle wizzing noise and when i press down the clutch and the noise goes away which makes me believe its a bad bearing.

Someone please help!!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Well prob2 is a bad clutch release bearing. Do clutch replacement and go from there.

Negiking

Reaction score
sry i didnt mention it but the clutch was replaced not too long ago including the clutch cylinder

cmgreensr

Reaction score
I've never had a throw out bearing go bad in a honda but I assume it's the same as others and your update description sound exactly like that.

Negiking

Reaction score
UPDATE: ok so i have gone and replaced the distributor o ring which stopped the oil from leaking but now ive looked under the car and see a big wet spot on the trans which makes me think theres a trans leak. im gonna post pics later.

The thing is that is what might fix the wizzing noise but i highly doubt it would solve the rumbling -.-

im going to replace my LCA on the passenger side because its not streightening the wheel like its supposed to and that might be the problem (crosses fingers)

I kno it seems like im avoiding the problem lol but im trying to do everything that i know i can do at home b4 i take it to mechanic for trans work because i gotsz no moneyz

Im gonna keep checking and hopefully i can find something i can work with

Last edited:
Back