2 idiots, 1 oil drainer

finch13

Reaction score
Short story: We have 2 rolling oil drainers at school which we empty into a used oil drum. The way you empty one is to close all the valves except the drain valve, attach a giant hose, and give it air pressure. This is what happens when you forget to close the top valve and the drain valve is partially clogged.

Two fellow students went to drain one of the drainers, my car was conveniently parked in the lift closest to it because I had tire to mount. The kids forget to close the valve on top, once 120psi of shop air is sent into the drainer, the 30psi relief valve isn't gonna pop and so it sends a geyser of oil out of the top of the drainer.

*sorry for the blackberry quality

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00087.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00083.jpg

Always be friends with the auto body teacher! Instead of using car wash soap and a sponge, the auto body instructor gave me a sprayer filled with PPG 330 Wax & Grease Remover. So I spent my last day of school before winter break wiping oil off, pressure washing the grease remover off, then handwashing the car. The clear coat is swirled like a mutha****a because the grease remover doesn't dissolve salt and I couldn't pressure wash before I used the remover. :squintfinger:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
damn, thats real beat. looks kinda funny though haha. at least you got it cleaned off. and you can always wax the car again to help with those swirls.

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah... it looks fine... I'll just cut the clear coat with a polish this summer or something.

First time I washed my car since the Chicago meet on June 21st or something :lawl:

finch13

Reaction score
can't oil mess up the paint? correct me if i'm wrong please..

I'm sure it can, and I'm sure the grease remover does too. That's why you do it as fast and as little as possible, then pressure wash it, then wash it right away. The oil was on the car for maybe an hour at most before I cleaned it.

The paint looks fine, except for the swirling from not being able to wash off the salt and sad first.

Back