2001 accord

oakshaun

Reaction score
i just bought a 2001 accord ex 2.4 f23a1 manual trans.
she burns and leaks oil i know it's leaking from the distributor could that also make it burn oil? i'm about to give her a compression test. she doesn't burn oil when cold or idling. she basically only burns oil after i hit operating tempature and vtec. i plan on taking care of her and not doing her like i did my 97 2.2 auto (pics attached) hrmm. i think yall would be really interested if i catalogged the destruction of my 97. it's well documented i drove her in a pond. shot arrows through a door had one door designated for taking my anger out on. she even had a rhino line stripe.

chaby_91

Reaction score
pretty badass to have a 2.4 f23 lol

When looking for oil leaks, start on top then go down. the distributor is only held on by 2 12mm fasteners. Move the intake tube out of the way, remove the distributor, look for oil. If the o-ring is dried and hard, it need to be replaced. Do this ASAP because if oil gets in contact with coolant hoses, it can eventually cause them to fail.

When you say it burns oil, you mean there is blue smoke coming out of the exhaust?
Bad valve oil seals, worn piston rings, head gasket can allow oil into the combustion chamber.

A compression test will tell you the general condition of your engine, but not the components you need to replace. Bad compression can be caused by piston rings, valves that won't close properly or head gasket.

how many miles/km?

oakshaun

Reaction score
165,000. i can only SEE the smoke after i hit vtec.
2.4 2.399 whatever not my fault honda lies.
i'm not doing valve seal, or piston rings, or head gasket. not doing that and i'm not having it done just drive the ***** till she blows and get another one trying to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

oakshaun

Reaction score
but, aside from that right now i need to figure out how to fix my driver window. at autozone a new motor and everything cost $50 or so but still i don't see it even being possible to put new stuff in there is no room. none. my door is dented in a bit that's probably why my window motor exploded. how much would a whole door run me? i've still got the motor it works but my cable.... idk wtf my cable was doing it was undone and tangled up and ****ing everything inside my door up glass is rather scratched

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You can achive a lot with seafoam.

Usual problem is gunk filled oil rings, which should not show with a compression test.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Either get a hammer to un(re?)dent it to clear.

Or door, car-part.com

oakshaun

Reaction score
Either get a hammer to un(re?)dent it to clear.

Or door, car-part.com

the actual bar in the door is bent and i just had carpal tunnel surgery. so, that's not happening. i'm gonna try and figure out a way to wind it up manualy rightnow i've got the wire hanging out and i just pull on it to get the window up and then i wrap it around a screw and tighten the screw

oakshaun

Reaction score
Hell yeah, gotta get my **** straight i've got a few other friends down for some fun night driving

Back