JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Re: Head/Tail Lights Overlays

There are DIY's for this in the DIY section.

By "JDM Black Spray" I'm assuming you mean spray tint, and there are a few DIY's for that as well.

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score

JDM doesn't tint their tail lights. they keep it orange or white. something simple and not complicated.

as for black housing, there's definitely a lot of threads about it. for tail lights, if you like to tint it to a darker color, try tinting it with the stained glass red paint. that's what i did one mine. 1, the red from my red/clear tail lights is turning pink. 2, i wanted to darken the red area because it looks better. so when you tint it red, it's actually a darker red. and not a pitch black color. i plan to redo mine again because i messed it up. i painted it red and tried to wetsand it. it actually stripped the paint off so i'm going to repaint it and clearcoat it, and then wetsand it. :ohyou:

jaz

Reaction score

There are DIY's for this in the DIY section.

By "JDM Black Spray" I'm assuming you mean spray tint, and there are a few DIY's for that as well.
Yeah that's what i meant. Ok thanks i'll check out the DIY section :)

JDM doesn't tint their tail lights. they keep it orange or white. something simple and not complicated.

as for black housing, there's definitely a lot of threads about it. for tail lights, if you like to tint it to a darker color, try tinting it with the stained glass red paint. that's what i did one mine. 1, the red from my red/clear tail lights is turning pink. 2, i wanted to darken the red area because it looks better. so when you tint it red, it's actually a darker red. and not a pitch black color. i plan to redo mine again because i messed it up. i painted it red and tried to wetsand it. it actually stripped the paint off so i'm going to repaint it and clearcoat it, and then wetsand it.
and yeah dude thanks i just really wanna black it out haha

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Moving forward, you would do yourself a huge favor by just forgetting the word "JDM" and never mentioning it when it comes to your car, or any mod you plan on doing with it. Just don't go there, and you'll sound a lot smarter. :thumbsup:

kurtage77

Reaction score

headlight tint should be strictly for car shows imo
your light output will be poooooop

but taillight tint is nice..i'm thinking about tinting mine soon

DrOwZee

Reaction score

DIY blackhousing; its like baking a cake! if u search, there's threads with step by step instructions. and like jmiller said, it'll give u a sense of accomplishment. when someone ask u where u bought it at, you'll smile with pride and say you did it yourself!

jaz

Reaction score

Moving forward, you would do yourself a huge favor by just forgetting the word "JDM" and never mentioning it when it comes to your car, or any mod you plan on doing with it. Just don't go there, and you'll sound a lot smarter. :thumbsup:
It was how it was listed, thanks though

dtraill27

Reaction score

headlight tint should be strictly for car shows imo
your light output will be poooooop

but taillight tint is nice..i'm thinking about tinting mine soon

i bet the twp cops will be all over you if you do lol

Back