3 days to emmissions due Need Help

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
ok so i after clearing the vtec code and resolving that i got the p0401 and p0420 thrown cleaned out the egr tunnel and replaced the bank 1 o2 sensor. took it to Autozune and it threw the p0505 Idle Air Control System. when i have the clutch in the idle like to hop from about 1000 to 1200 rpms this happened after changing the o2 sensor what could possibly be causing this?

i am open to all suggestion as i have to get this fixed fast.

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
so i went through and double checked everything and apparently i forgot to plug the vacuam line on the iacs back in

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Why do you keep making a thread every couple of days about this issue? Just update the original, you're filling the forum up with the same info over and over again.

Glad you got your problem fixed though. :thumbup:

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
so after resolving the p0505 code the car threw the p0420 again so i bought a new cat and sensor tonight and just spent the last hour and a half on the road then swung by the auto zone that is open til midnight and had them run the computer no codes thank fully and during the driving put 90 miles on the car so if there was one that would go it would have done it. so first thing tomorrow morning emissions lets hope i pass. after looking at the old cat the front was completely clogged with carbon and oil and on the back side the ceramic was just distroyed on it.

Back