35% tint

cdubb77

Reaction score
35% is WACK. Go for the 20% like I have. Don't worry about the cops. :D I have 20% all around. Pics below.

502331_156_full.jpg

502331_154_full.jpg

502331_151_full.jpg

ryon527

Reaction score
i'll do 20% screw it :D . I'm at work all the time anyhow so my chances of getting a ticket are slim. I definately want to do something about that third brake light. I would really like to tint over it put thats illegal. I'll probably just paint the inner part black where the red lense is so it doesn't look that bad.

klee

Reaction score
That's exactly what I had on my old car. I loved 20% all the way around. :) I have 35% all around on my current car that was installed by the previous owner and I hate it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I definately want to do something about that third brake light. I would really like to tint over it put thats illegal. I'll probably just paint the inner part black where the red lense is so it doesn't look that bad.

thats what i did, hahahaha. first i painted the housing of the light, left the red. then about a year later, i had some 2.5% laying around, and so i put it over the red, haha, it looks good, but idk, i think ill take it off. im a little afraid of getting a ticket for it, after all, april's my bad month.....out of all of last year i got 3 tickets...all in april. my first ticket ever was on april first, hahahaha. i wanted to crack a joke and be like "is this a joke since its april fools day?" but i figured that'd dig me deeper, haha, cuz it wouldve. but yea, if you want me to take a pic of mine with the painted black housing and the red light still there with no tint, ill get one tomorrow, cuz i really do feel like taking the tint off, it got all sh!tty looking anyway.

Dallas

Reaction score
ryan s said:
so its illegal to put any percent on the fronts?
it depends on the state, a couple of months back the tint law in GA was removed because "Georgia's window tinting law was struck down as unconstitutional last year because the provisions applied only to vehicles registered in Georgia." so for a little while you could get it tinted to the max, but the new bill says that 32 is the darkest tint on rear and side windows.
here is a site that has all the tint laws for all states: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

does anyone know where i can find out how much my tint is? I got the car with the tint that i have and wanted to find out if it is legal or not

Back