4,000 rpm rev limiter

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Yeah, you have a LOT less oil than I had.
I would recommend a oil change asap.
Don't waste time adding oil if you're due for a change

Hovjm23

Reaction score
I changed the oil and put 4.5 quarts of oil (my oil was extremely dirty) and I still have the same problem. Rev limiting at around 4,000 rpm. :(

I did not clear the engine light because the light is not on. I think it might be blown or something. Will it make a difference?

I'm going to Autozone one more time to make sure they read the right code.

Is there anything else I can do?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Turn the car on (put the key in the start position) but dont actually start the car.
Check to see if the CEL illuminates.
If it does, the the bulb is working.
However, if you cant rev past 4K RPM's there's obviously a problem and the CEL should come on

Hovjm23

Reaction score
Smart man. I didn't even think of that. The bulb is working, but I guess the owners before must've done something stupid to the car.

But now I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do.

At least the car runs noticeably smoother after that oil change.

Hovjm23

Reaction score
They read the right code: P1259.

But now they're saying that it has something to do with air fuel monitoring, or something like that. But that's besides the point. How can I check if the solenoid is working? I desperately need help right now.

EDIT-

I just checked and the only lights that come on are the brake, battery, oil, and seatbelt lights. The maintenance and the check engine lights do not come on when the car is in the on, but not started position. It could be faulty wiring, but on the previous owner's part.

Last edited:

Hovjm23

Reaction score
Bump.

I've searched google for days, and still haven't found anything. The closest I've gotten is another guy with the same problem, who had a huge dent in his oil pan.

Well I guess I'm **** out of luck, and vtec. :(

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
They read the right code: P1259.

But now they're saying that it has something to do with air fuel monitoring, or something like that. But that's besides the point. How can I check if the solenoid is working? I desperately need help right now.

EDIT-

I just checked and the only lights that come on are the brake, battery, oil, and seatbelt lights. The maintenance and the check engine lights do not come on when the car is in the on, but not started position. It could be faulty wiring, but on the previous owner's part.

If autozone was able to pull a code, then the CEL must be triggered.
If the CEL dash light is not on, you must replace the bulb.
If there is no bulb there, it's obvious that the previous owner removed it.
If the bulb is there, it's blown.
I would recommend try resetting the CEL again by pulling the fuse.

Hovjm23

Reaction score
I'm going to do that in a couple minutes.

I'm so desperate right now that I'm actually re-cleaning the solenoid as we speak. The strange thing is, the oil around it still looks as low as before and does not look like yours. Even after changing the oil. Every time I check the dipstick, the oil looks like it's going everywhere, rather than setting at a specific level. BTW, I disconnected the amps and the subs the guy installed. That may not have been the problem.

I really don't know anymore. All I know is that the car has enough oil, but it could have a problem with the pressure?

Also, how can I check the wiring?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The only other thing I can recommend is if you take the car to a Honda deal so they can do a diagnostic on everything that's affiliated with that code.
The only downside is that you will come out your pocket.
But see if they can first tell you what the problem is B4 they repair it.
It could be something you can do yourself and just pay for the diagnostic test

Back