5spd swappers

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Yesterday my clutch box exploded, so as I fixed it today I ran into a problem. I never was clear on how thick the washers need to be between the firewall and the bracket.

Will this be sufficient?

2012-02-10113634.jpg

Now the clutch is slipping and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the spacer or another adjustment I may have fuvked in the process of re-installing the box.

Thanks!

Snoobly

Reaction score
What do you mean by clutch box? You need between a fourth and half inch gap. If you can, i would use some brackets rather than washers. washers are not very supportive and will probably eventually cause your pedal bracket to bend and snap like mine did. i solved this problem by re-welding it and putting flat pieces of metal instead of washers. i also fabricated an extension arm to run up from the top of the pedal bracket to the bar that runs under the dash for more support.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21608&highlight=clutch+pedal+bent&page=4
This is what im talking about for the extension arm up from the top of the bracket.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I've heard it called a bracket and a box, so I called it both. While I had it out I traced and took measurements I plan on building a stronger bracket now that I own a welder. Could this mis-alignment be caused by the starter and accord switches?

Snoobly

Reaction score
Keep me posted on how you plan on building a stronger bracket. Im interested in that. All i did was reinforce it and i haven't had trouble since.
Misalignment of what? I left the switches out for my pedal. I can start my car without pressing the pedal in, But i usually don't cause it's a bad habit.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I must have done it wrong in the first place back in 2010 when swapped it. Because now it is wayyy different than it has been this whole time. The clutch is engaging really late in the pedal swing like 3/4 or so the way up. Also the pedal is sitting stupid high now. So the switches can't really affect the movement of the pedal? There must be another way to adjust it.

Snoobly

Reaction score
You can adjust it using the screw on the back of the pedal. The shaft that runs from the pedal to the master cylinder... Mine used to engage really high, but then I adjusted it and now it engages pretty low. I'll see if I can find the link real quick.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37875
Different symptomes, but it's got All the adjustment instructions.

Last edited:
Back