6.0 gen sedan tails

J30MAN

Reaction score
after doing the DIY black housed headlights i thought to myself "hmmm...i wonder if it would look good if i did the same thing to the tail lights?" and no im not talking about the whole entire tail light housing, just the turning signals and reverse light reflectors. if done properly do any of you guys think it would nice? you guys are probably thinking "dude just tint them". my idea was that i could save the time sanding and clearing them so that they look shiny and blended.

kn0x47

Reaction score
the tail lights use the housing to disperse the light so if you paint all that you're gonna kill the light output. tint the inside of the lens instead

J30MAN

Reaction score
alright. i was wondering if it would do that. tinting is a little less stressful too. thanks.

xx24xx

Reaction score
If you black house your tails then you will ruin them. The ability to reflect light is vital. Aftermarket lights like Depo makes black housed LED tails but the turn signal and reverse are still reflective chrome/silver. Tinting would be ideal. Try Lamin-X.

all motor eg6

Reaction score
dude i did them on mine blacked out the turn signal and the reverse light on my sedan output is about the same yes not reflective but its deff not dull at all. i will take pics and post them up.

Back