6th-gen Accord Quad-projector retrofit (no 56k)

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I had the time after my classes today to work on restoring the lenses. I may or may not be finished with them, but so far they're about 95% perfect after sealing them.

Last edited:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Well he's still gotta finish restoring the lenses, after he's done we'll get to see them on the car, and more output pics.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
So when will we get to see a pic of you car done? I feel like it has been years haha

I think it's almost at the point now where it has been years (or at least well over 12 months). I'll have a better picture of how soon it'll be done after I bring these headlights to the shop so they can confirm the fitment is still perfect. Everything on the car is ready for paint now, but the shop was waiting on the headlights to arrive. The reason for this is after my last retrofit, going from OEM lenses to aftermarket lenses, the fitment on the front bumper had to be modified a bit. Now I'm going from aftermarket ion lenses to TYC clear lenses, and every time you open up a set of headlights the fitment will change (even if it's only a very minor amount), so they would rather be overly cautious since I'm a perfectionist. Also, now that I have the headlights back we can confirm that the few items in the engine bay that were relocated, are in fact in the proper spots to allow enough room for the s2000 projectors in the high beam area of the headlight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this should be the final hurdle before the finish line.

As for the compliments on the headlights, thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do about getting up some preliminary output shots. I'd be weary of hooking up this setup to a battery without a proper wiring harness (4 bulbs, 4 ballasts, and 2 sets of LED strips that are bright enough to light up a living room = mandatory relays).

Nguyen916

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a tl retrofit as well, what does the back part of your headlight look like? does it stick out a lot and what needs to be relocated?
im deciding either to do a tl/zkw retrofit or rl/tsx-r (low) and ls460 (high).

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a tl retrofit as well, what does the back part of your headlight look like? does it stick out a lot and what needs to be relocated?
im deciding either to do a tl/zkw retrofit or rl/tsx-r (low) and ls460 (high).

Do you have a v6 or i4? If you have a v6, I wouldn't recommend a quad-retrofit at all as I don't think there will be enough room on the driver's side.

The back of the headlight has been cut into in order to fit the s2000 projectors in the high beam area, and yeah they stick out a few inches (don't remember the exact measurement) as you'd expect.

I would definitely stay away from the LS460 projectors, they're too damn big unless you choose not to use the intended shroud for it...in which case you're limiting the greatness of that projector already.

Why are you wanting to use projectors that require a lot of modification to fit? Why not just go with the common choices of s2000 projectors or tsx projectors and use the optional clear lenses? It would save you or your retrofitter a lot of time, money, and headaches.

Back