7 position electronic control 4th gear automatic (S matic) ???

crunch_berries

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this transmissions apparently they were stock in tbe ch9s with the infamous jdm h23a vtec... Are these transmissions good o not please help because im trying to figure out what transmission to get when i do my h23a swap... And no dont suggest doing a manual transmission IM KEEPING MY CAR AUTOMATIC!!! its gonna be my daily so i dont wanna put all the time and money swapping my car to manual itll be easier to drop it with an automatic transmission since my car is already automatic... Please help... thanks!!!

Jarrett

Reaction score
That's just a shifter difference. If you're wanting to install a transmission that will match the performance of the H23A VTEC then get an MP1A with an LSD from Japan. In Japan you could get the 4th generation Prelude with an auto LSD in the F22B DOHC and the H22A. Also, some Accord SiRs from 1993(our 1994) to 1997 were auto LSD, though most were not.

It's confusing because there are LSD and non-LSD versions of the MP1A. Make sure you can see through the differential when the axles are removed.

crunch_berries

Reaction score
That's just a shifter difference. If you're wanting to install a transmission that will match the performance of the H23A VTEC then get an MP1A with an LSD from Japan. In Japan you could get the 4th generation Prelude with an auto LSD in the F22B DOHC and the H22A. Also, some Accord SiRs from 1993(our 1994) to 1997 were auto LSD, though most were not.

It's confusing because there are LSD and non-LSD versions of the MP1A. Make sure you can see through the differential when the axles are removed.

For sure thanks ive been racking my brain trying to think which one to get... Do you know if thats the same type of transmission that came stock with the h23a... i wanna say its a prelude transmission and im pretty sure the 6th gen wagons came stock with a sport shifter by what i read online (switch between manual and auto shifting) by any chance do you know what ecu ill need to i know its an obd2... Im basically planning on taking whatever engine, tranny and ecu that came stock in the ch9 and dropping it in my cg3 since my car is already auto and the fact that the h23a only came in auto itd save me from having to swap my car over to manual lol

Back