'98-00 to '01-'02 Climate Control, A word to the wise

james'99

Reaction score
Just got home tonight running no dash lights... I went to swap my climate controls today for the '02 Accord manual controls. Hit the hazards to test and wound up turning on the car an apparently blowing the part of my multiplexer controlling the dash lights. Never thought the wiring would be different for the hazard button especially since they USE THE SAME HARNESS CONNECTOR... Frustrating but just know. There is a different pin out for the '01-'02 hazard button. I will be re-pinning my connector this weekend in prep for my new multiplexer due to be in Tuesday. Please don't make the mistake I did. Very frustrating driving without dash lights... And having to sink more money in to this "cleaner" look. I'm sure this modification and mistake habve been made before but want to emphasize it. Huge inconvenience for me...

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry that happened, a little research here would have saved you. Glad you're able to get it fixed up soon though.

james'99

Reaction score
Thanks RedRyder. Would have researched it if I thought it was a major "modification". I went in thinking it was all plug and play. Seems kind of silly to change wiring like that but hey, what am I to do? Just gotta fix it. $43 mistake that won't ever happen again, you know? Now I know better and learned from it.

snip33r

Reaction score
^ thanks for your help, I finally replace mine 00 accord with 01-02 accord and work fine with no issues at all

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Pics on how to wire it up??

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Back