99 accord clutch going bad?

F23sleeper

Reaction score
So 2 days ago on the way to work I was getting on the highway when I noticed if I am give it a little over a quarter throttle my roms will jump almost 1000 rpms before dropping back down to actual rpms this is in any gear . I can be cruising at highway speeds and give it a little extra pedal and they will jump up then drop down and the car will start to pick up.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Yup that's a good indication that your clutch is shot or your main seal is leaking oil on the clutch.
Is your car leaking oil?

Varnell

Reaction score
I had this happen when I needed a new clutch. I rode it for another six months before it actually gave out; just don't step on the gas too much and ride it easy. I don't recommend doing this however since mine eventually gave out as I was merging in front of an 18-wheeler.

Long after I had my clutch replaced I needed to replace my cables. I had a similar problem with revving my RPMs without actually accelerating. It was only occasional, though, unlike when my clutch was going bad. I'm no mechanic, but it might not be your whole clutch assembly, so have it checked out before buying any parts you might not need.

Back