99 Accord V6 Coupe: transmission problems?

jromeo96

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the fail rate for the transmission on the 1999 Honda Accord V6s? I have a friend who's 99 failed recently. Mine, for the moment, seems ok, but I have 101k miles on it and wondering if I should sink the $ into a timing belt, etc or just dump it before there are problems. I called the dealer, and according to my VIN, mine was not affected by any recall.

your thoughts?

-John
[email protected]

dynasty

Reaction score
i heard Accords has a really bad transmission. i got my replaced when i first bought it from the dealership. they had a recall before but not sure if they still do. i'm not certain of how much it would cost to replace it but it's ALOT! -_-

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The fail rate was reported by Honda of America to be around 4-5%. So, in reality it's around 6-7%. 101k miles on a Honda is nothing, get your timing belt done and quit wining. It has to be done soon, you're allready overdue.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
98-99 tranny no warenty (if it last more then 60k ur lucky
00-02 has 100k warrenty(they are usually a lot better, but again still fail

i have a 99 with 101k and im on tranny #3 :\

and honda is gona say 4-5% fail rate, when it is almost 30%

I know 8 or 9 ppl with av6 98-02 accord and cl and 6 of them with tranny problems 7 out of 10 with me included. Maybe i just live in that area and we make that 5%.....

Last edited:

6THGEN_AI4

I have mine replace at 35 k but it was my fault and 'cause it has waranty I didn't pay a penny but to the waranty was about $2,500.
G. Luck to you friend

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
mine went out at around 65k miles and my car "supposedly" wasn't affected but the same damn thing happened to my car as every other recalled car. i know dreman/telele had the same issue and supposedly his car wasn't affected either... riiiiight

Back