99' LX 4Cyl Odometer Light

Gman86

Reaction score
Im having an issue with my cluster, the digital odometer and trip (does shows mileage) area are not lighting up when lights are illuminated. Is there a bulb behind it or is it a issue ill have to take to the dealer? the cluster works perfectly fine and has no issues otherwise.

Gman86

Reaction score
uh yes there is a bulb that lights it up. you'll need to replace it

wow this guy^ post wh()re.

LED? need to solder anything? or just remove and install new one from autozone? light part number (IE 1157) would also be helpful genius.

Gman86

Reaction score
Noted. Again ill ask...is it an LED? need to solder anything? or just remove and install new one from autozone? light part number (IE 1157) would also be helpful.

Last edited:

josh352

Reaction score
Is there a bulb behind it or is it a issue ill have to take to the dealer? the cluster works perfectly fine and has no issues otherwise.

uh yes there is a bulb that lights it up. you'll need to replace it

He answered your question of whether there was a bulb or not....
Also, a quick search will bring up about 9 different DIY LED conversions or you can just use a regular bulb.

try this:http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=99+honda+accord+odometer+bulb

Gman86

Reaction score
That is some funny stuff...been off of forums for years...like 07' i think. Never saw something like lmgtfy lol.

Thanks for a laugh and the help.

Gman86

Reaction score
It was a very simple process replacing the odometer bulb. Removed top steering column cover, removed instrument cluster bezel, removed cluster, found burnt bulb and replaced it. Bulb number was 2127. Ive also replaced the indash clock bulb as well...that bulb for some reason i could only find at the dealer.

I was actually looking into the LED idea....what i think im going to do though to keep it simple is to convert only standard bulbs, just dont feel like soldering or wiring anything up yet.

For now these are what im in the process of buying in LED: lower door courtesy lights, intrument cluster bulbs, map lights, dome light, in-dash clock, glove box, parking lights, blinkers, reverse lights, license plate lights.

LEDs are suprisingly expensive in some of these odd sizes. Ive kind of wondered if these LEDs are helpful/efficient/beneficial on/to our electrical systems, like free up the draw on our alternator/battery maybe extending the life of them possibly?

Back