A/C System

shyste

Reaction score
I turn my A/C on, on any setting, but when I turn it off (on zero) it still blows out. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
I don't think it is a problem actually. I think it is just so that the car continually circulates air because if you don't, well, technically you suffocate.

Sino

Reaction score
Does the fan stay on? If not it's probably just the air coming in from the front of the car. If that's the case putting it on recirculate should stop that.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
if the actual blower is still blowing, and the a/c light stays on, your knob may be broken. sometimes mine does that and i have to pull the knob off and turn the stick by hand.

james'99

Reaction score
Does the fan stay on? If not it's probably just the air coming in from the front of the car. If that's the case putting it on recirculate should stop that.

You're right. The faster I'm going, the harder it comes in. It makes sense. In fact, its pretty much common sense and I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner that it is just mechanically the vents staying open.

Sino

Reaction score
don't feel bad I just figured it out this winter when I was waiting for the car to warm up before blowing heat. God what a horrible winter it was. :pp:

james'99

Reaction score
don't feel bad I just figured it out this winter when I was waiting for the car to warm up before blowing heat. God what a horrible winter it was. :pp:

Thanks! Repped you. Couldn't rep you in your member's ride thread on the engine overhaul due to the fact you can't give rep in that forum. So I gave it here. Haha!

Back