A few pictures of my car (56K maybe)

ddawg

Reaction score
After looking around a browsing for about 6-8 months here are some pictures of my car. It is stock with just tints 25% and a carpc. The car is dirty and there is a lot of overspray on the rear quarter panel. The dealer i bought it from got the bumpers painted and did a bad job at it.

well here goes:

cimg0157wh7.jpg

cimg0166mh2.jpg

The Screen and the CD player (JVC-KDLH910) the wire you see is for the GPS reciever, which I am gonna hide behind the screen soon. And below is the USB hub.

cimg0167fe8.jpg

cimg0173bh6.jpg

cimg0175sa5.jpg

And a few night shots

cimg0301pt1.jpg

cimg0306mg0.jpg

The Car PC

cimg0335ep0.jpg

cimg0343lj5.jpg

cimg0338yx0.jpg

also I don't know if you can make out but on the driver side rear bumper, the bumper comes out a little but and it is not holding on to the body. I will get a better picture of it a little later, but if you can make out could you please tell me how to fix it.

Thanks for looking...
~Imran

dynasty

Reaction score
nice! Mobile Impact is deff. the best. I like it more than my friend's Frodoplayer. Why don't you put the GPS receiver on top of the dash? I heard for tinted window, you might not get accurate signals. So it's best if you put it near the window and not hiding it behind the cd player. i'm currently working on a 2 screen carpc. LOL. yes i know it's crazy but it'll be cool.

ddawg

Reaction score
yea I worked on it myself. I was fortunate enuf to find this guy who wanted to part with his dash which was already moulded for a 7inch Lilliput so that wasn't a pain to put in, the third DIN was a pain to put it, the really scary part was cutting the centre console without the templates. Taking the dash apart was fun took like 15 minutes and was amazing to see it was so easy to take it apart. The wiring needs some more work tho. The PC is in the trunk strapped down by velcro. I need to do a better job a concealing it, will take some pictures of that too.

The best part about Mobile Impct is that it doesn't load any other programs when loading unlike RoadRunner, haven't tried Frodo. yet. I have the Rikaline bluetooth GPS reciever which can supposedly catch 32 sats. and I was able to track with the reciever in the centre console with no problems. I'll try it behind the screen, if it doesn't work there then i'll prolly put it near the front left tweeter. I still have to try and put the hazard light switch back in its housing since the guy who sent me the dash had a slightly different dash than mine and the wiring of the hazard switch is different in pre-2000 model (which was sorta dumb). so yea that's where its at right now.

Thanks for the comments. :)

dynasty

Reaction score
err. i heard stuff about lilliput screens. my friend has a xenarc. he mold them himself. personally from my bondo experience, it's not hard AT ALL. it's just like play-do (however you spell it. LOL). it's just a clay where you just put it on and wait about 1-2 minutes for it to dry. then you can sand. that's about it. but anyways, here is my friend's screen on his accord.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24553&d=1138254728

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
nice find on the dash piece, looks like whoever had it before did a great job molding the screen.

as far as I know tint only causes reception problems if you have ceramic tint, and even then a lot of people say its mostly myth and doesn't really cause problems.

ddawg

Reaction score
Yea I heard a lot of things about Lilliputs as well, but (knock on wood) it has worked fine for me till now. the only thing that happens to it sometimes is that it turns off when it gets too hot in the car, but it is fine when i turn the AC on for like 10 minutes cool the interior a bit and then turn it on. Also this was my first attempt at a car pc so when this breaks it will be time for a xenarc :p.

dynasty

Reaction score
well, i'm currently doing some programming before i buy the screens. if it works out, i'm going to put 2 screens together as one. and most likely, it'll be in the trunk area. but if not, i guess i'm just doing one. just 'fa show'. haha

Back