A little advice, por favor

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, talon . . . what do you know about alpine components? compareable to infinity?
And are there any good rear speakers that don't need an amp? I heard Pioneers might fit the bill in this case.
Thanks again for the help fellas

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed at all with my bro's alpine coaxles for the money. My frined also had a full alpine system and it was good but not what i would want for how much he paid (headunit, amps, speakers, subs). I've never heard their components in an actual vehicle, just on a display rack so i can't really say. I love their amps and headunits but i'm not convinced on the speakers, again, not too sure about thier components though.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Let us know what you decided and how you like it. I'm about to retire my kappas after 7 years, even though the still sound the same as when i got them (or atleast i think lol). I'm hoping to upgrade soon, just isn't at the top of the list yet.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Well scratch my "i think i've figured out what i'm gonna do!" After doing more research, i've come to the conclusion i don't know squat about car electronics!
There are apperantly 20 or so companies that make these ridiculously priced, top of the line speakers, another list that give infinity and the likes a run for their money, AND a whole bunch of termonology i didn't learn about in high school physics.
But one thing at a time. . . All the junk in my trunk busted a stage 2 punch woofer that i loved, so that needs to be replaced. Then i'm getting Pioneer 6x9's to replace the junk i have now OR any good rear speakers you guys can suggest that don't need the push of an amp.
Really do appreciate the help guys, i'll keep checking back to see wisdom you dish

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
New question for anyone willing to help: With a headunit that only has 2 preamp outputs, how would you connect components upfront powered by a 2 channel amp, rears speakers, and 2 subs powered by a 2 channel amp?
I ask cause the only receiver I can find with a USB and high def radio only has 2 outputs. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I suggest this, all foundation of great sound starts with a good deck period.No subtitutions. no sony or kenwood or garbage. Use alpine, pioneer or pany new model head units for clarity and proper rca outs and dont tell me there expensive cause you can get one new for 100 dolla lol.hopes this helps.

Back