Accord theft/theft prevention!

PCP6

Reaction score
I've been fixing my accord up recently(ill post pics as soon as they're uploaded). I was wondering if a thief in general will target accords? If you've stopped a theft from happening please share info on what you did, alarms, gps and etc. Theft is a big issue where i'm from.

My car does have the stock alarm and i do keep it in a gate. Is there anything else i can do? Should i not worry so much?

:aznrun:

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
I've been fixing my accord up recently(ill post pics as soon as they're uploaded). I was wondering if a thief in general will target accords? If you've stopped a theft from happening please share info on what you did, alarms, gps and etc. Theft is a big issue where i'm from.

My car does have the stock alarm and i do keep it in a gate. Is there anything else i can do? Should i not worry so much?

:aznrun:

an alarm works just fine... dont bother to spend money on anything else unless u have gold rims that r worth more then ur car... which i doubt so youll be ok :)

INSURANCE!!! make sure u have that :)

PCP6

Reaction score
an alarm works just fine... dont bother to spend money on anything else unless u have gold rims that r worth more then ur car... which i doubt so youll be ok :)

INSURANCE!!! make sure u have that :)

im guessing liability wont suffice? ha and yes my rims are 24k gold. can't really drive anywhere since hitting the slightest bump will cause my rims to warp..... j/k :D

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dont leave things in your car is #1.

#2. Dont bump your system around the place you live

#3. If neighbors or random people ask what you got in there, just tell them its stock. Dont boast about your car, some thieves wait for people like this and follow you home to see where ur car stays at night.

#4. If your stock alarm and engine immobilizer system doesnt deter a thief, then Im sure they would be willing to put it on a flat bed if you had kill switches or anything else of that nature.

finch13

Reaction score

#3. If neighbors or random people ask what you got in there, just tell them its stock. Dont boast about your car, some thieves wait for people like this and follow you home to see where ur car stays at night.

#4. If your stock alarm and engine immobilizer system doesnt deter a thief, then Im sure they would be willing to put it on a flat bed if you had kill switches or anything else of that nature.

This is correct.

If you're car is flashy, don't park on the street. If thieves want something, they'll surely get it. An alarm is only there to deter and slow down thieves.

PCP6

Reaction score

1. ok, the rims i have aren't universal and they're 15"( lug pattern 4x114.3 obviously lol) so
    i pretty much threw the honda thieves off because no one goes rolling around
    in oem 15" rims unless its another accord wich is rare.
  2. the system i purchased for 140$, just shakes the trunk, you can't hear any bass outside of the car.
  3. also i have little annoying dogs, i'm sure they could be of assistance if let outside at night.
  4. as far as kill switches go, i would need a tip from someone as to a good way to wire one up. p.m. for that if any of you guys have done it.
  5. my car does not have an h22 motor swap or v6 just the f23. Only mods cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, eibach springs.
  6. i usually park my moms chevy venture behind it in the driveway and lockup the gate.
  7. i dont go to any meets. the worst place i would go is to the mall, but hardly ever anywhere when its dark out(unless to friends or family)

Question; does the immobilizer in accords(car doesn't turn on unless oem honda key with sensor is in) actually work that great?.

OHH AND THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT :D KEEP IT COMING!

Last edited:

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
The bottom line is if someone really wants ur car there going to take it... Trust over here where i live.. Well where i used to live they steal escalades.. Navigators... Everything dude!

Back