aftermarket Shift knobs....

mxl360

Reaction score
How do you guys connect the aftermarket shift knobs to the boot... (5-speed manuals)

stock boot connector (square) are made for the stock shift knob (square connection) so what do you do...to make it seemless and keep it attached?

Jeffro

Reaction score
I ditched the stock boot and went aftermarket leather... You could always cut the stitches out of the stocky and remove that plastic cube if you wanted. That would help...

Neight

Reaction score
:thumbsup: i know what happned to your old boot and knob, it is sitting in my car as we speak!

Neight

Reaction score
yeah it is, it is really low, and looks like a short shifter, and it fools everyone. But as good as I can make it look, it still makes me want to get a real manual .

xluben

Reaction score
i've been trying to figure this out for a long time now.

i have a pspec knob, and ordered a pspec boot but it hasn't arrived yet.

-in the meantime i have gone collar-less in many forms. (including ripping out all the stitching and cutting up the boot to try and make it shorter)
-i've also just let the collar rattle around (don't like this one)
-and was just about to try a civic boot (with a ring at the top), but now i'm back in contact with retroshark, so hopefully the pspec shows up!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u can keep the stock boot and take off the square ring on top... i did tht and just left it hanging lol

btw, this should be in the show mods forum ;)

BostonAndy

Reaction score
I chopped my shifter and took the square out of the boot. Just get a black zip-tie and feed it through the top of the boot where the square used to be, pull it tight and cut off the slack flush. It will hold the boot inplace, and no one will be able to see it unless they know it is there. If you need to cut it off to replace the knob or get at something, no big deal, just replace with a new zip tie.

Back