Alarm/ Keyless Entry

J0hnalex

Reaction score
So i bought my car a few years ago now and i didn't receive any keyless entry fob. I've been using my key in the door for a long time and i want to put some kind of alarm system in.
Any suggestions?
Any brands?
Is it hard to do?
Should i have a shop do it?

Thanks in advance -J0hnalex

james'99

Reaction score
Personally, I think if I were you, I'd go with the Honda one. It's easy to install and it doesn't require modification. Plug and play!

Couple different ones here. Can get just keyless entry or the alarm system. Check it out! If you need anything let me know! You're actually pretty local to me. When I was looking at some other thread, I think you said you were in Putnam County? I'm over in Dutchess. Not far off!

http://handa-accessories.com/accelect01.html

If you have electrical experience and are confident, you could go with a Viper system but I don't think it is really needed. Obviously you wouldn't be doing remote start since you're manual. Cons outweigh the pros on a manual in my eyes.

Reaction score
Anything produced by DEI is a good choice. They make pretty much all of the systems named after snakes. You can do remote start as well if you want it. If you havent done 12v installs before then alarms is not where you want to learn. That being said, if you are going to try an alarm install then an accord is a good one to do. Honda had the same ign harness wire colors for decades. Remote start will require the addition of an anti theft bypass.

Back