Alarm went off in parking lot so I started cutting wires! Im a moron.

mahfuzur

Reaction score
So long story short, I was in IKEA and after I lowered the back seats to put in a long box and started the car, the original car alarm started going off(its wired to sirens in front of radiator as seen in picture). See the problem is, the factory alarm never worked since I got the car about a month ago, the light on the drivers side door never blinked so I had assumed it was disabled and now it started blinking. The previous owner had an aftermarket one installed and I always used that to disarm and unlock the doors without any problems. Now seeeing as to how embarassed I was, I pulled out some kitchen shears I just bought and clipped a wire to what I thought was the sirens. Turns out it didnt, so I dont know what I clipped. I wound up just snapping the bottom half of the two sirens and that shut them off. now the headlight just start going off for two minutes when i turn the car on or off
So 3 questions,

1)what the hell did I cut

2)should i reconnect the wires somehow

3)how do i disable the factory alarm so i dont have to worry about the headlights going off for two minutes every time. I dont need it at all whatsoever since the aftermarket one works perfectly fine. I saw some things saying something about grounding a wire in the door or something about crossing wires under the hood, or grounding a wire under the passenger seat. its pretty confusing and dont know which one would work best.

i have a 98 v6 ex if it helps any.

thanks for the help guys!

2z7q23c.jpg

Chris Vu

Reaction score

Thats not helping.

OP. you have two choices. You can connect the oem alarm disarm wire (green/blk) tp the window switch wire (blue) located in the kick panel, or you can pull out the oem alarm control module since you have an aftermarket alarm anyways.

mahfuzur

Reaction score
Thats not helping.

OP. you have two choices. You can connect the oem alarm disarm wire (green/blk) tp the window switch wire (blue) located in the kick panel, or you can pull out the oem alarm control module since you have an aftermarket alarm anyways.

would both those wires be in the kick panel?
and if i just wanted to pull out the control module, would that affect anything else in the car? where can i find the control module? sorry for the noobiness, my first accord was a vp so i didnt have to worry about electronics like alarms and power anything :skurred:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
The disarm wire is located on the control module of the alarm.

When I installed my viper 5701, I ripped out the oem alarm and have had no ill effects. So if your new alarm is installed properly then you should not have any problems. Its easy to reverse anyways so even if it does cause problems you can just plug it back in.

Back