Amp power cable through firewall.

iam_nas

Reaction score
I'll check to see if I can find pics in my photobucket tomorrow. I got in an accident and dont have the car now so maybe wednesday or so i'll be able to look at it.

sorry to hear that, but pics would be dope... im gonna run 0 gauge wire for my system and would like to know the best spot/way to run it

dorkino

Reaction score
Anyone ever find a way to run 0 gauge thru an existing grommet on 6th gen accord 4cyl? I have tools but am afraid to drill.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Anyone ever find a way to run 0 gauge thru an existing grommet on 6th gen accord 4cyl? I have tools but am afraid to drill.

nope, if you are an auto, just drill through were the clutch pedal would mount up at. i had mine there

alex81388

Reaction score
I went through the same gromet. Make sure you seal it with your sealing substance of choice though... water will follow those wires right into the interior... especially when your on the highway doing 70 in the rain.

dorkino

Reaction score
I went through the same gromet. Make sure you seal it with your sealing substance of choice though... water will follow those wires right into the interior... especially when your on the highway doing 70 in the rain.

Which grommet are you referring to? And what gauge wire did you run?

dorkino

Reaction score
Ok, I just had a local shop run the wire for me. They ran it just under the fusebox on the passenger side.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Dorkino: I was just outside trying to run an alarm siren through the firewall under the fusebox. Did the shop you use drill a new hole or use that big existing grommet?

I wanted the siren wire under there because it is protected from access under the car, however I'm having a very difficult time getting that fusebox to loosen up so I can move it out of the way... there appears to be three screws which are now out... but that little black plastic rivet is killing me!

dorkino

Reaction score
Dorkino: I was just outside trying to run an alarm siren through the firewall under the fusebox. Did the shop you use drill a new hole or use that big existing grommet?

I wanted the siren wire under there because it is protected from access under the car, however I'm having a very difficult time getting that fusebox to loosen up so I can move it out of the way... there appears to be three screws which are now out... but that little black plastic rivet is killing me!

They used the existing grommet. I would imagine they had to take the fusebox out to get it in there since space is so tight, but ya never know what kinda mad skills and tools those shops have.

Back