Amp recommendation for a ported Rockford t2 15"

swollen_cu

Reaction score
He is asking about 1 15".

And why wouldn't you just run one amp for the subs? The money you spent on those 2 amps can buy a nice decent amp that'll handle those 2 subs.

Nguyen916

Reaction score
I too was thinking about running two amps to one sub, but I read somewhere that the amp might not send power at the same time and can lead to ruining the sub. So I wouldn't take that risk.

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
He is asking about 1 15".

And why wouldn't you just run one amp for the subs? The money you spent on those 2 amps can buy a nice decent amp that'll handle those 2 subs.

well i work at an audio installation place and from the best quality sound we would recommend 2 amps for high watt subs, plus since i worked there i got a great discount lol which is always cool with me

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
well i work at an audio installation place and from the best quality sound we would recommend 2 amps for high watt subs, plus since i worked there i got a great discount lol which is always cool with me

Do you use oscopes when you do your gain matching???

swollen_cu

Reaction score
^lol... That's probably cause y'all use cheapo amps that can't handle more than a 2 ohm load bridged.

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
^lol... That's probably cause y'all use cheapo amps that can't handle more than a 2 ohm load bridged.

no only our trainee's would use them..... actionautostore.com check it out for yourself we arent some low rent shop like your assuming, with B.S remarks.... I dont understand whats with rude *** comments like that(not cool my dude) lol

Last edited:

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
^ im not trying to sound mean hear man but.... 2 amps on 1 sub is generally not a good idea, you cant hear the damage your really doing to your sub until you break it... and if you are using 2 amps on 1 sub you NEED to gain match them not just if you hear distortion or clipping.... from what you said before you had 3 amps so i take it you were also running 2 subs so 1 amp per sub and the third amp for your mids and highs which is a correct way to do it, i wouldn't necessarily do it but that is a correct way ..... this application on the other had really don't call for 2 amps and without proper knowledge or experience he could end up destroying his sub...... also that web site don't show off to much of any of the work the shop has done... just sayin

Macsrule15

Reaction score
haha by that web site i am damn glad you are not web designers! pitiful web site.. u can get a better one set up in some crack heads house for 25 bucks haha

1 amp 2 subs... not ideal unless you have a good O-Scope and know how to use it!
or a new Steve Meade designs DD1/CC1 those things are saweet!

go with one of the amps i mentioned earlier for best quality.. but then again you didnt mention your budget... go with the fosgate if you are rolling in the green! GL! PM let me know your budget and i can pick you out the best FIT!

:beer:

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
haha by that web site i am damn glad you are not web designers! pitiful web site.. u can get a better one set up in some crack heads house for 25 bucks haha

1 amp 2 subs... not ideal unless you have a good O-Scope and know how to use it!
or a new Steve Meade designs DD1/CC1 those things are saweet!

go with one of the amps i mentioned earlier for best quality.. but then again you didnt mention your budget... go with the fosgate if you are rolling in the green! GL! PM let me know your budget and i can pick you out the best FIT!

:beer:

u mean 1 sub 2 amps? lol..... and my buddy just got the dd1/cc1 things crazy dude lol

Back