Another A/T Concern. Of course.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
So I've searched, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Tranny is slipping into 2nd, blah blah, of course it is.

Got a transmission flush about a month ago, and of course it didn't fix the slippage, but it seemed to ease it.
Now, I noticed a few days ago, that I seem to be leaking transmission fluid.

I have taken updated pictures of exactly where it's leaking from, but I don't recognize what that is, or what could be wrong.
photo-2.jpg

ttttt.jpg

So from this arises a few questions:

1)If, by experience, you recognize this sort of leak, what was it and how much did it cost to fix? If you don't recognize it, what do you think it could be?

What is that anyway? Whats leaking? Have similar problems ?

2)Since I'm going to have to replace my transmission eventually anyway, how much does a rebuild typically tend to be? I've heard everything from 1200 to 3000, sooooo wtf lol.

3)Bought DexronIII to refill it every once in a while as it leaks, so at least I'm not running with too low of fluid, I hear and have read in manual that this is a temporary replacement, but have you had any problems with it?

Any answers help, thanks!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The cost of a rebuild completely varies depending on where you live, what the shop charges for labor, their prices on parts, etc. You really just need to start calling around and getting estimates. Your range is about right, and I've heard of even higher.

That ATF needs changed.

The flush probably didn't make things any better btw, these trannies don't respond well to that procedure.

Last edited:

Geewiz

Reaction score
My car is in for service at a dealer as I speak. Codes for the tranny and primary o2 heater unit. The tranny doesn't leak but has some issue with one of the two solenoids and it slips too at first when cold out. Based on that price range you said above, that further makes me just want to do the manual swap.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
The cost of a rebuild completely varies depending on where you live, what the shop charges for labor, their prices on parts, etc. You really just need to start calling around and getting estimates. Your range is about right, and I've heard of even higher.

Alright, I'll have to price it, yeah.

That ATF needs changed.

The flush probably didn't make things any better btw, these trannies don't respond well to that procedure.
The fluid was changed 1000 ago ! lol. its showing up darker than it really is because when I got the flush the red fluid of course soaked up some of hte deposits and well with the fluid setting upon that piece, it soaks up any dirt/grime on that too. The fluid is red though.

and I just had to get a flush. I felt retarded driving around with nearly black tranny fluid.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Alright, I'll have to price it, yeah.

The fluid was changed 1000 ago ! lol. its showing up darker than it really is because when I got the flush the red fluid of course soaked up some of hte deposits and well with the fluid setting upon that piece, it soaks up any dirt/grime on that too. The fluid is red though.

Ah. Pic fooled me.

Really surprised no one has been able to identify that assembly where the leak is. You could try looking at parts diagrams and comparing that with looking at this under your car. Poking around under there may help you get a better idea of what's happening.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
OP, there is an online link to the Honda Manual.....I know 001Stunna has posted the link on more than one occasion, so if you search some of his posts, or better yet send him a pm, I am sure he can send you the link.

As for the rebuild, as RR mentioned, it does depend on which shop does the work, so it may be something to consider to look in to doing a 5 or 6spd swap.

Geewiz

Reaction score
OP, there is an online link to the Honda Manual.....I know 001Stunna has posted the link on more than one occasion, so if you search some of his posts, or better yet send him a pm, I am sure he can send you the link.

As for the rebuild, as RR mentioned, it does depend on which shop does the work, so it may be something to consider to look in to doing a 5 or 6spd swap.

Manual: weight reduction, removes our (Accords') Achilles' heel, more fun yet still a DD ride. It's what I'm doing. I have "pressure loss" as a local dealer mentioned to me yesterday in my AT which means mechanical and worn and not electrical. Going to start piecing a swap together soon.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That "pressure loss" is probably the dealer's nice way of saying, "yeah, your second gear, no longer a properly functioning member of your transmission."

Back