Another Koni question

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I am replacing the blown Tokico blues on my front suspension with koni yellows on the lowest perch setting paired with Tein S-Tech (2" drop). After I got the strut assembly together I noticed how loosely the springs fit. There is essentially no preload. You can freely twist the spring and move them up and down with too much free play. Seems like its too much play to me. The only thing I can think of doing is the wrap the bottom spring and build up material to close the gap. Anyone else had this problem before?

I also have another set of springs. Tanabe df210 which also lower about 2", but they are are taller spring with a softer spring rate. I could use those perhaps and would atleast give me some preload.

kn0x47

Reaction score
of course shorter springs are going to be loose. they're shorter. There's nothing to worry about

mx5kev

Reaction score
The spring should not be loose. With loose spring, you will have a disastrous handling on bumpy roads losing traction as it won't extend as it should. For example, when you fit shorter eibach springs, you need the bilstein b8 shocks with shorter struts to match properly the spring.

Back