another manual swap...

Los1652

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 98 ex... put a manual in this past week.. now a few things..while I was searching here and other websites for the DIY's I found some info that either I was doing wrong or was wrong... just to let you guys know what setup I was dealing with ... I have the Ulev single cam.. and went ahead and purchased the manual from a 00 accord. Now I still have my auto computer that I'm using, now when I installed the transmission my key wouldn't start the car. The D4 light in the dash was blinking. now for those of you who's key doesnt start the car and searches which wires to connect on the main auto plug..(big gray plug) you must connect the gray wire and the red/white stripe wire together in order to get the key to work. I have searched this and came across wrong info. Now the question I have for you who have done this is ... is there a way I can get my cel to stop sending me the transmission malfunction code, and my D4 light to stop blinking?
The transmission that I bought came with the speed sensor, but it didn't come with the pig tail wiring that I need to get my speedo and vtec to work... it is so hard to find a standard 6th gen around where I live... I might be able to make my own connector but I need to know what color sequence is on the pigtail... or if anyone has a connector hanging around let me know...

Deshon2688

Reaction score
you need a 5spd ECU with the vin# of the car it came out of, then get a key made for that vin#. That should also fix the issue with the blinkin D4, transmission code, and the speedo and vtec issues as well.

Theres another recent thread that explains this in detail.

Edit: oh, here it is...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23163&highlight=speedo

99.9% of anything you could possibly think of has already been talked about somewhere in here.

Last edited:
Back