Another Opinion Request

capsidx

Reaction score
My question is this though. How do the tiens in your case fair against the stock suspension. Is it rougher or smoother? Do bumps feel worse or better when going over them at speed? These are the things I'm trying to learn before I make my decision whether to get a new suspension set from Honda or buy aftermarket coil overs. I just want to make an informed decision. These things are pretty expensive lol

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
My question is this though. How do the tiens in your case fair against the stock suspension. Is it rougher or smoother? Do bumps feel worse or better when going over them at speed? These are the things I'm trying to learn before I make my decision whether to get a new suspension set from Honda or buy aftermarket coil overs. I just want to make an informed decision. These things are pretty expensive lol
Against stock suspension I'd say they are a little bit more stiff. Over normal pavement like cracks in the road etc, you hardly feel any road imperfections. If you decide to take speed bumps at speed or potholes, you'll definitely feel it as you're a bit stiffer than stock suspension. My 60 yr old Dad likes the ride quality better than stock actually. The upside to shelling out more money for the Teins over OEM is that you can lower the car or keep it at stock height.

I have them set at the lowest setting and it's nothing egregious. I still have decent clearance going through driveways etc.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Mine are set quite stiff also I'm running 35 series tires so I feel everything. Coilovers will never ride like stock! why not do like a h&r sport spring small drop but not to stiff.

capsidx

Reaction score
Sounds like i'll be going with the Tiens. They seem to be cheaper as well. I remember humoring myself with OEM suspension and one assembly is like 5 or 600 straight from Honda. Thanks but no thanks. I was cruising around today and for having the original suspension I still love the ride. However it may have lost some of its luster all these years, I cant say for sure because i've never been in a brand new accord or one with brand new OEM suspension. Just the ability to lower the car at will and still keep the comfort that Honda provided is a no brainer. Thanks again :High 5:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up, if you go with the Street Basis or SS, you'll need to reuse your stock top mounts/top hats. I ended up buying new ones, since my old ones were shot, which cost me around another $100. So $600 total for the Street Basis coilovers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
Should I get them from Honda or the local autozone? I REALLY REALLY hate putting duralast parts on my car if I can help it but if its the only way to get them at an affordable price ill do it.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I'd recommend the duralast brand, Honda's top hats were pricey. It's just a pillow mount and a couple of nuts and washers.

capsidx

Reaction score
I'd recommend the duralast brand, Honda's top hats were pricey. It's just a pillow mount and a couple of nuts and washers.

That's kind of what I was thinking but nowadays it doesnt seem to matter whether you get OEM or generic lol. It's hard to come by quality anymore. At least in my mind it seem that way....

Back