Any Bikers??

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Most bikes in that price range are gonna be pretty crappy, we've actually had to replace some of the brake pads on the Escape series bikes cause they suck so bad out of the box. Also, grip shifters blow huge amounts of crap no matter what bike they're on.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah we had to replace the brakes on 3 or 4 bikes...just wasn't used to that with any Treks. The lower end ones take more time to tweak but never had to take parts off and replace as much as we do with Giants. Just wish we could have Treks at both stores.

Other news we have been getting a good amount of Trek's Project One bikes lately. Got to ride one around and I love them esp the custom one we built

Does your store get lots of crappy Walmart bikes for service? We have been getting TONS lately and it is SO freaking frustrating because those bikes truly are awful. No wonder those people do not enjoy cycling. I would hate riding a bike if I was on a Walmart bike.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Put a new handlebar on the mtn bike today and went tubeless in the front wheel(we only had one left from a kit) Can't wait to run 30 and lower on the front wheel for the rocky trails. New handlebar looks awesome with it being white...Will have to post some pics once I take some. Old pic doesn't show the above, and my new beefy tires

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
hey eric, how hard would it be to conbert my old mountain bike to a road bike?

Raymond

Reaction score
Took my first ride in about 10 months today, then worked an 8 hour shift at work. My legs feel like jello.

Now on the search for a bike rack so I can hit up the local trails like I used to, time to get back in shape.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
hey eric, how hard would it be to conbert my old mountain bike to a road bike?
i guess it depends on how far you are wanting to go...the easiest conversion would just be putting on more road friendly tires. Other than that your going to spend lots of money and it will never compare to an actual road bike

Took my first ride in about 10 months today, then worked an 8 hour shift at work. My legs feel like jello.

Now on the search for a bike rack so I can hit up the local trails like I used to, time to get back in shape.
Nice!!! Always a good feeling getting back on the bike. Good luck in the rack search. You can probably find a brand new trunk rack for around $70

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Nice!!! Always a good feeling getting back on the bike. Good luck in the rack search. You can probably find a brand new trunk rack for around $70

Hell yes it is!

Ray I picked up a decent Thule trunk rack not too long ago for about $60 new.

Don't think Yakima makes a trunk rack for our car, but there are many other brands out there as well.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
went out riding yesterday, most of the ride was flat and i spent half of it in my biggest front gear my mistake, it was a damn good ride though. probably 15 miles of decent tempo riding. feels goooooooood to get out

Back